2016 PGA Tour Champions season
The 2016 PGA Tour Champions was the 37th season of PGA Tour Champions, a golf tour operated by the PGA Tour for men's golfers age 50 and over. The tour officially began in 1980 as the Senior PGA Tour, and was known by that name through 2002. It then was known as the Champions Tour from 2003 through 2015, after which it was rebranded as "PGA Tour Champions".
This season was the first for a playoff system to determine the winner of the Charles Schwab Cup as season champion. The playoff, similar to that used by the regular PGA Tour for the FedEx Cup, consists of three events and ends with the season-ending Charles Schwab Cup Championship.
The following table shows the official money events for the 2016 season. "Date" is the ending date of the tournament. The numbers in parentheses after the winners' names are the number of wins they will have on the tour up to and including that event. Senior majors are shown in bold.
Scoring average leaders
|2||Miguel Ángel Jiménez||Spain||68.90|
|3||Kevin Sutherland||United States||69.51|
|4||Joe Durant||United States||69.65|
Money list leaders
|3||Joe Durant||United States||1,635,147||25||1|
|4||Miguel Ángel Jiménez||Spain||1,613,820||13||1|
|5||Scott McCarron||United States||1,613,820||24||2|
Career money list leaders
|1||Hale Irwin||United States||27,040,199||45|
|3||Gil Morgan||United States||20,607,418||25|
|4||Jay Haas||United States||17,310,776||18|
|5||Tom Kite||United States||16,154,453||10|
- "Champions Tour announces 2016 schedule and format for inaugural Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs" (Press release). PGA Tour. November 11, 2015. Retrieved April 23, 2016.
- "2016 schedule". November 11, 2015. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- "Scoring Average – 2016 Champions Tour". PGA Tour. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- "Money Leaders – 2016 Champions Tour". PGA Tour. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- "Career Money Leaders – 2016 Champions Tour". PGA Tour. Retrieved November 13, 2016.