2013 Wanguri by-election
A by-election for the seat of Wanguri in the Northern Territory Legislative Assembly was held on 16 February 2013. The by-election was triggered by the resignation of Labor Party (ALP) member and former Chief Minister of the Northern Territory Paul Henderson on 25 January 2013, following the defeat of Henderson's government at the 2012 territory election.
Nominations for the by-election closed on 1 February 2013. Rhianna Harker, who contested Wanguri at the 2012 general election, was endorsed by the Country Liberal Party as its candidate. The Australian Labor Party candidate was Nicole Manison. Peter Rudge contested the by-election as an independent candidate—he had previously stood as a candidate for Nightcliff in the 2012 election.
|Country Liberal||Rhianna Harker||1,059||28.4||−14.6|
|Total formal votes||3,724||96.4||–1.7|
|Country Liberal||Rhianna Harker||1,139||30.6||−12.4|
- Bolton, Katrina (25 January 2013). "Date announced for Wanguri by-election". ABC News. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Byrne, Conor (25 January 2013). "Harker gets another shot". NT News. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "By-election candidates hit the hustings in a hurry". ABC News. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Turner, Ellie (1 February 2013). "Rudge joins fight for Wanguri". NT News. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Division of Wanguri Results, Northern Territory Electoral Commission.
- Division of Wanguri (Northern Territory Electoral Commission)
- Antony Green: 2013 Wanguri by-election (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
|This Australian elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Northern Territory, Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|