2013 Milwaukee IndyFest
The 2013 Milwaukee IndyFest was an IndyCar Series race held on June 15, 2013 at the Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin. The race was the ninth in the 2013 IndyCar Series season, and was won by Ryan Hunter-Reay of Andretti Autosport.
|9th round of the 2013 IndyCar Series season|
|Date||June 15, 2013|
|Official name||Milwaukee IndyFest|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
1.015 mi / 1.633 km
228.38 mi / 367.542 km
|Weather||Temperatures reaching up to 73.4 °F (23.0 °C); wind speeds approaching 8 miles per hour (13 km/h)|
|Driver||Marco Andretti (Andretti Autosport)|
|First||Ryan Hunter-Reay (Andretti Autosport)|
|Second||Hélio Castroneves (Team Penske)|
|Third||Will Power (Team Penske)|
Andretti Autosport had the most victories heading into the Milwaukee race, with James Hinchcliffe and Ryan Hunter-Reay winning two and one race, respectively. The defending race winner was Hunter-Reay.
Marco Andretti of Andretti Autosport clinched the pole position with a speed of 170.515 mph (274.417 km/h). His teammate James Hinchcliffe started second, Will Power started third, Ryan Hunter-Reay and E. J. Viso started fourth and fifth, respectively. Sebastian Saavedra started a career-high sixth, with Tony Kanaan, Josef Newgarden, Simon Pagenaud and Tristan Vautier rounded out the top ten.
In the race, Takuma Sato dominated, leading a race-high 109 laps, until he drifted into turn 4 and nearly hit the wall; Sato then pitted under green, but Ana Beatriz's contact brought out the caution, bringing Sato down a lap, and he was eventually passed by Ryan Hunter-Reay on lap 198. Hunter-Reay led the remaining 53 laps and won by 4.809 seconds over Hélio Castroneves to claim his second straight victory at the track, becoming the first back-to-back race winner at Milwaukee since Tony Kanaan in 2006-07. The win was Andretti Autosport's 47th in the IndyCar Series, and fifth at Milwaukee. Will Power finished third, behind by 5.39 seconds, for his first podium of the season, followed by E. J. Viso, his best finish of the year, and Hunter-Reay's teammate James Hinchcliffe closed out the top five. Pole-sitter Marco Andretti had his car stall when leaving the pits on lap 97 and stop on the backstretch with an electrical problem, and finished 20th. Scott Dixon, Sato, Dario Franchitti, Justin Wilson, and Kanaan finished the top ten.
1 Points include 1 point for leading at least 1 lap during a race, an additional 2 points for leading the most race laps, and 1 point for Pole Position.
- "2013 Milwaukee IndyFest weather information". Old Farmers' Almanac. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Associated Press (2013-03-25). "James Hinchcliffe wins at St. Pete". ESPN. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Cavin, Curt (2013-05-05). "IndyCar: James Hinchcliffe wins at Sao Paulo; Indy is up next". The Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Fryer, Jenna (2013-04-07). "Hunter-Reay holds off Dixon to win at Barber". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Estrada, Chris (2013-06-14). "Milwaukee flashback: Hunter-Reay is best at "IndyFest" in 2012". NBC Sports. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "2013 IICS Milwaukee IndyFest Qualifying Results". Catchfence. 2013-06-14. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- DiZinno, Tony (2013-06-14). "Marco Andretti's pole leads Andretti Autosport Milwaukee qualifying romp". NBC Sports. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "2013 Milwaukee IndyFest". Racing-Reference. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Ryan Hunter-Reay wins at Milwaukee Indyfest". Autoweek. 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- DiZinno, Tony (2013-06-15). "Hunter-Reay scores Father's Day weekend win for Andretti in Milwaukee". NBC Sports. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- Lewandowski, Dave (2013-06-15). "Hunter-Reay repeats win in the Milwaukee IndyFest". IndyCar Series. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Hunter-Reay repeats as Milwaukee IndyFest winner". Motorsport. 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- McCarthy, Jack (2013-06-15). "Hunter-Reay celebrates Father's Day early with IndyCar victory". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- Kallman, Dave (2013-06-15). "Ryan Hunter-Reay repeats at Milwaukee Mile". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
2013 Firestone 550
2013 Iowa Corn Indy 250
2012 Milwaukee IndyFest
|Milwaukee IndyFest||Next race:|
2014 ABC Supply Wisconsin 250