2013 European Athletics Indoor Championships – Men's 4 × 400 metres relay
|Standing records prior to the 2011 European Athletics Indoor Championships|
|World record||United States (USA)||3:02.83||Maebashi, Japan||7 March 1999|
|European record||Poland (POL)||3:03.01|
|Championship record||3:05.50||Vienna, Austria||3 March 2002|
|World Leading||Texas A&M University||3:04.18||Fayetteville, United States||24 February 2013|
The final was held at 18:45.
|5||Great Britain||Michael Bingham
|1||Czech Republic||Daniel Němeček
|4||4||Belgium|| Antoine Gillet
Nil de Oliveira
Originally, the British men's 4 × 400 m quartet of Michael Bingham, Richard Buck, Levine and Richard Strachan finished the race first, followed by Russian and Polish Team, but their victory was questioned by the judges because during his change, Richard Buck had crossed the line streets and stepped off the track. The British team was disqualified, but the members of British Athletic Federation appealed this decision by accusing Rafal Omelko (Polish athlete) of pushing Buck out of his line.
- "Men's 4x400m relay start list" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-06-05. Retrieved 2013-03-03.
- "Men's 4x400m relay results" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- Jostling, obstruction on the track
- "Joy turns to sadness after indoor athletics relay disqualification". thenews.pl. Polskie Radio. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "European Indoor Championships 2013: UK Athletics coach Peter Eriksson hails GB's eight-medal haul". telegraph.co.uk. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 21 July 2016.