2011–12 UAE Pro-League
The 2011–12 Pro-League season (known as Etisalat Pro-League for sponsorship reasons) was the 37th top-level football season in the UAE, and the fourth Professional season.
|Champions League||Al Ain|
|Goals scored||449 (3.4 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Asamoah Gyan (22)|
|Biggest home win||Al Jazira 5–0 Al Sharjah|
|Biggest away win||Emirates Club 1–5 Al Shabab|
Al Wasl 2–6 Al Ahli
Al Jazira 1–5 Al-Nasr
|Highest scoring||Al Sharjah 4–5 Al-Nasr (9 goals)|
Al Jazira 1–3 Al Ain
Al Jazira was the defending champions, having won their 1st Pro-League title in the 2010–11 campaign after being runner-up for three times in a row. Al Dhafra and Ittihad Kalba were relegated from the previous season. Ajman and Emirates were promoted from the UAE Division 1 Group A. The campaign began on 15 October 2011 and finished on 27 May 2012.
Ittihad Kalba and Al Dhafra were relegated to the 2011–12 UAE Division 1 Group A after finishing in the bottom two spots of the table at the end of the 2010-11 season. The two relegated teams were replaced by 2nd level champions Ajman Club and runners up Emirates Club.
Stadia and locationsEdit
|Al Ahli||Dubai||Rashed Stadium||18,000|
|Al Jazira||Abu Dhabi||Al Jazira Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium||42,056|
|Al Ain||Al Ain||Tahnoun bin Mohammed Stadium||15,000|
|Al Wahda||Abu Dhabi||Al-Nahyan Stadium||12,000|
|Al Shabab||Dubai||Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Stadium||12,000|
|Al Wasl||Dubai||Zabeel Stadium||12,000|
|Al Nasr||Dubai||Al-Maktoum Stadium||12,000|
|Al Sharjah||Sharjah||Sharjah Stadium||18,000|
|Dubai||Dubai||Police Officers Club Stadium||6,500|
|Bani Yas||Abu Dhabi||Bani Yas Stadium||9,570|
|Emirates Club||Ras al-Khaimah||Emirates Club Stadium||5,000|
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players and Managers may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|Al Ahli||Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum||Quique Flores||Mohammed Qassim|
|Al Jazira||Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||Caio Junior||Lucas Neill|
|Al Wahda||Saeed bin Zayed Al Nahyan||Josef Hickersberger||Fahed Masoud|
|Al Ain||Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan||Cosmin Olăroiu||Rami Yaslam|
|Al Sharjah||Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Thani||Valeriu Tiţa||Nawaf Mubarak|
|Al Nasr||Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid||Walter Zenga||Abdallah Mousa|
|Ajman||Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi||Abdulwahab Abdulkadir||Mohamed Zahran|
|Emirates||Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qassimi||Ghazi Ghrairi||Karim Kerkar|
|Baniyas||Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan||Gabriel Calderón||Fawzi Bashir|
|Al Wasl||Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum||Diego Maradona||Khalid Darwish|
|Al Shabab||Saeed bin Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum||Paulo Bonamigo||Hassan Al Sharif|
|Dubai||Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Maktoum||Ayman Ramadi||Jamal Abdullah|
Managerial changes during the 2011-12 campaign.
|Team||Outgoing manager||Manner of departure||Replaced by|
|Al Wasl||Khalifa Mubarak||Caretaker role ended||Diego Maradona|
|Al Jazira||Abel Braga||Contract finished||Franky Vercauteren|
|Al Ain||Alexandre Gallo||Contract finished||Cosmin Olăroiu|
|Baniyas||Mahdi Ali||Caretaker role ended||Jorvan Vieira|
|Al-Ahli||Abdulhameed al Mishtiki||Caretaker role ended||Ivan Hašek|
|Al Sharjah||Carlos Azenha||Resigned before season started||Valeriu Tiţa|
During the seasonEdit
|Team||Outgoing manager||Manner of departure||Replaced by|
|Dubai||Néstor Clausen||Resigned||Umberto Barberis|
|Dubai||Umberto Barberis||Caretaker role ended||Ion Marin|
|Baniyas||Jorvan Vieira||Sacked||Salem Al-Orfi|
|Al-Ahli||Ivan Hašek||Sacked||Quique Flores|
|Baniyas||Salem Al-Orfi||Sacked||Gabriel Calderón|
|Dubai||Ion Marin||Sacked ||Pierre-Andre Schurmann|
|Dubai||Pierre-Andre Schurmann||Caretaker role ended||Ayman Ramadi|
|Al Sharjah||Valeriu Tiţa||Sacked||Jorvan Vieira|
|Al Sharjah||Jorvan Vieira||Sacked||Valeriu Tiţa|
|Al Jazira||Franky Vercauteren||Sacked||Caio Junior|
|Al Sharjah||Valeriu Tiţa||Sacked||Abdulmajeed Al Nimr|
||Qualification or relegation|
|1||Al Ain (C)||22||17||4||1||52||16||+36||55||2013 AFC Champions League Group stage|
|2||Al Nasr||22||11||8||3||49||33||+16||41||2013 AFC Champions League Qualifying play-off|
|4||Al Jazira||22||11||2||9||47||38||+9||35||2013 AFC Champions League Group stage 1|
|9||Baniyas||22||6||6||10||34||39||−5||24||2012–13 GCC Champions League|
|11||Emirates Club (R)||22||5||2||15||28||56||−28||17||Promotion/Relegation Stage|
Updated to games played on 27 May 2012.
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored
1Al Jazira secured qualification for the 2013 AFC Champions League through winning the 2011–12 UAE President's Cup
(C) = Champion; (R) = Relegated; (P) = Promoted; (E) = Eliminated; (O) = Play-off winner; (A) = Advances to a further round.
Only applicable when the season is not finished:
(Q) = Qualified to the phase of tournament indicated; (TQ) = Qualified to tournament, but not yet to the particular phase indicated; (RQ) = Qualified to the relegation tournament indicated; (DQ) = Disqualified from tournament.
|Home \ Away||AJM||ALI||AIN||JAZ||NAS||SHA||WAH||WAS||YAS||DUB||EMI||SHR|
Updated to games played on 11 May 2012.
1 ^ The home team is listed in the left-hand column.
Colours: Blue = home team win; Yellow = draw; Red = away team win.
For coming matches, an a indicates there is an article about the match.
- 22 goals
- 16 goals
- 14 goals
- 13 goals
- 11 goals
- 10 goals
- Mark Bresciano (Al Nasr)
- Baré (Al-Jazira)
- Edinho (Al-Sharjah)
- Marcelinho (Al-Sharjah)
- Modibo Diarra (Emirates Club)
Source: official site:
- "Emirates and Ajman to the Pro-League". ufl.ae. 19 May 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "The UFL Board of Directors approved the agenda of the next season 2011-2012". ufl.ae. 15 May 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "Maradona Confirmed as Al Wasl Coach Football legend to start his managerial role from next season". UFL. 16 May 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Vercauteren asked to delay UAE switch to Al Jazira". The National. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Al Ain announce officially signing with Cosmin Olaroiu". Archived from the original on 3 September 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Ali defends his record as Baniyas coach". UFL. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Al Ahli focus on quality coach". The National. 6 June 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Al Ahli appoint Ivan Hasek as new coach
- "Azenha resignation stuns Sharjah". The National. 13 September 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- "Sharjah plug their coach gap with Romanian". The National. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Pro League club Dubai unveil Ion Marin as new coach". The National. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- "Pro League: Baniyas appoint Calderon". The National. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- "Pierre-Andre Schurmann to become Dubai's fourth manager of the season". The National. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- "Viera: Sincere respect to Dubai". Pro League. 22 December 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Pro League news: Bobby Zamora turned down Al Jazira". The National. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Franky Vercauteren dismissed by Al Jazira". The National. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Tita dismissed as Sharjah coach for the second time". The National. 8 April 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Goals: 2011-2012". Etisalat Pro-League Statistics. Pro League. Retrieved 27 June 2012.