2010 Toyota Racing Series
|2010 Toyota Racing Series|
The 2010 Toyota Racing Series was the sixth running of the Toyota Racing Series. The Toyota Racing Series is New Zealand's premier open-wheeler motorsport category. The Series included races for every major trophy in New Zealand circuit racing including the New Zealand Motor Cup and the Denny Hulme Memorial Trophy. The cars were also the category for the 2010 New Zealand Grand Prix, which was held as the third race of the Manfeild Autocourse round.
Teenager Mitch Evans claimed the title by just three points ahead of Earl Bamber, who won six races during the Series. Evans also claimed the International Trophy which consisted of the first four rounds of the championship.
Teams and driversEdit
|Giles Motorsport||4||Mitch Evans||All|
|Knight Motorsport||6||Andy Knight||3|
|Sam MacNeill Motorsport||Sam MacNeill||4–5|
|Triple X Motorsport||Chris Wootton||1|
|Neale Motorsport||8||Jamie McNee||All|
|Ken Smith Motorsport||11||Ken Smith||3–4|
|ETEC Motorsport||47||Nathan Morcom||1–2|
|Dart International||69||Alastair Wootten||All|
|Round||Date||Location||Pole Position||Fastest Lap||Winning driver||Winning team|
|1||R1||16 January||Teretonga Park||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Giles Motorsport|
|R2||17 January||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Sten Pentus||Giles Motorsport|
|R3||Sten Pentus||Lucas Foresti||Giles Motorsport|
|2||R1||23 January||Timaru International Motor Raceway||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Mitch Evans||Giles Motorsport|
|R2||24 January||Mitch Evans||Earl Bamber||Earl Bamber||Triple X Motorsport|
|R3||Lucas Foresti||Earl Bamber||Triple X Motorsport|
|3||R1||6 February||Hampton Downs Motorsport Park||Mitch Evans||Richie Stanaway||Mitch Evans||Giles Motorsport|
|R2||7 February||Mitch Evans||Andrew Waite||ETEC Motorsport|
|R3||Mitch Evans||Richie Stanaway||Sten Pentus||Giles Motorsport|
|4||R1||13 February||Manfeild Autocourse||Mitch Evans||Earl Bamber||Richie Stanaway||ETEC Motorsport|
|R2||14 February||Sten Pentus||Andrew Waite||ETEC Motorsport|
|R3||Mitch Evans||Sten Pentus||Earl Bamber||Triple X Motorsport|
|5||R1||20 March||Taupo Motorsport Park||Earl Bamber||Mitch Evans||Earl Bamber||Triple X Motorsport|
|R2||21 March||Earl Bamber||Earl Bamber||Triple X Motorsport|
|R3||Earl Bamber||Earl Bamber||Earl Bamber||Triple X Motorsport|
- "Evans snatches TRS title back in thrilling finale". toyotaracing.co.nz. Toyota Racing Management. 2010-03-21. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "Bamber elated with New Zealand Grand Prix win". toyotaracing.co.nz. Toyota Racing Management. 2010-02-15. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
Though Bamber took the prestigious Grand Prix title, Evans could take solace from second place, valuable points adding to his Championship title pursuit. He also won the four round international component of the Toyota Racing Series and takes home a cheque for $5,000 and a Tissot watch.
- "Four International drivers for 2010 Toyota Racing Series". toyotaracing.co.nz. Toyota Racing Management. 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "Stakes go up as the silverware comes out". toyotaracing.co.nz. Toyota Racing Management. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- "Evans aims to be youngest ever Grand Prix winner". toyotaracing.co.nz. Toyota Racing Management. 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2010-02-13.
- "Triple X sign Bamber, Webling and Australian Wootton for Toyota Racing Series" (PDF). Stefan Webling Motorsport. Stefan Webling. 2009-12-20. Retrieved 2010-10-20.