2010 Brands Hatch Superleague Formula round
The 2010 Brands Hatch Superleague Formula round was a Superleague Formula round, held on 1 August 2010 at the Brands Hatch circuit, Kent, England. It was Superleague Formula's first visit to the circuit and the second round of the 2010 season to be held in Britain, after the Silverstone round. It was the seventh round of the 2010 Superleague Formula season.
|2010 European Superleague Formula round|
Superleague Formula round UK
|Date||1 August, 2010|
|Location||Brands Hatch, Kent, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility |
2.613 mi (4.205 km)
|Laps||36 & 29|
The race was red-flagged with about nine minutes left to run due a very large crash involving Olympiacos' Chris van der Drift who was sent to hospital with a broken ankle, two broken ribs, a cracked shoulder blade, a dislocated shoulder and two broken fingers. He had run into the back of A.S. Roma's Julien Jousse just after Surtees' bend, they touched wheels which sent van der Drift's car into the air hitting the side barrier and bridge before spinning down Pilgrim's Drop, temporarily on fire, to a stop with the car seriously damaged and nearby racers narrowly avoiding the wreckage. Van der Drift remembered the accident and interviewed a few days later put it down to "a racing incident... I'm still alive, so that's good".
- In each group, the top four qualify for the quarter-finals.
Standings after the roundEdit
|5||FC Basel 1893||405|
-  Archived March 29, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Bradley, Charles (2010-08-01). "Van der Drift suffers multiple injuries". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- English, Steven (2010-08-03). "Van der Drift undergoes first surgery". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
-  Archived August 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived August 11, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Van der Drift: Hand injury the worst". Autosport.