2009 BNP Paribas Open
The 2009 BNP Paribas Open was a tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 34th edition of the men's event (21st for the women), known that year as the BNP Paribas Open, and was classified as an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event on the 2009 ATP World Tour and a Premier Mandatory event on the 2009 WTA Tour. Both the men's and the women's events took place at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, California, United States from March 9 through March 22, 2009.
|2009 BNP Paribas Open|
|Date||March 9 – March 22|
|Edition||34th (ATP) / 21st (WTA)|
|Category||World Tour Masters 1000 (ATP) |
Premier Mandatory (WTA)
|Surface||Hard / Outdoor|
|Location||Indian Wells, California, USA|
|Venue||Indian Wells Tennis Garden|
|Rafael Nadal |
|Andy Roddick / Mardy Fish |
|Vera Zvonareva / Victoria Azarenka|
- It was Nadal's second title of the year, 33rd of his career, and his second title at Indian Wells.
- It was Zvonareva's second title of the year and 9th of her career.
|Andy Murray||United Kingdom||4||4|
|Juan Martín del Potro||Argentina||6||6|
|Andy Roddick||United States||7||7|
|James Blake||United States||13||13|
- Rankings as of March 2, 2009.
The following players received wildcards into the main draw:
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
- "Indian Wells Men's Singles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). Archived from the original on 2016-08-27. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Indian Wells Men's Doubles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). Archived from the original on 2016-08-27. Retrieved 2016-07-31.