2004 WTA Tour Championships
The 2004 WTA Tour Championships was a women's round robin tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, United States. It was the 34th edition of the year-end singles championships, the 29th edition of the year-end doubles championships, and was part of the 2004 WTA Tour. The tournament was held between November 10 and November 15, 2004. First-seeded Maria Sharapova won the singles event, the first Russian to win the tournament, and earned $1,000,000 first-prize money as well as 485 ranking points.
|2004 WTA Tour Championships|
|Date||November 10 – 15|
|Draw||8S (round robin) / 4D|
|Location||Los Angeles, United States|
|Nadia Petrova / Meghann Shaughnessy|
- "Sharapova Edges S. Williams". The Washington Post. November 16, 2004. p. D02.
- Paul Levine (December 8, 2004). "Sharapova defeats Serena in WTA Tour Championship final". sports.espn.go.com. ESPN.
- "Sharapova wins season's finale". news.bbc.co.uk. BBC. November 16, 2004.
- "Henin-Hardenne's season ends because of virus". articles.philly.com. Philly.com. October 12, 2004.
- WTA Championships draws (PDF)