1st Military Police Brigade
The 1st Military Police Brigade is a formation under 3rd (UK) Division that has control over close support military police units within the British Army. The brigade is dispersed throughout the Army at sub-unit level, although it remains under the operational command of the Chief of the General Staff in order to keep and preserve investigative independence. It is commanded by the Provost Marshal (Army).
|1st Military Police Brigade|
|Active||1 December 2014 – Present|
|Part of||Regional Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Marlborough Lines, Andover|
|Brigadier Vivienne Wendy Buck|
Following the 2019 Field Army re-organisation in early August, the brigade will be under command of Regional Command with 1 and 3 regiments RMP having moved in April 2018 to 101st Logistic Brigade, which will continue to provide logistical support to 3 (UK) Division. CGS retains full responsibility over military police investigations, while day-to-day control of 1 and 3 RMP rests with General Officer Commanding (GOC) 3rd UK Division. Administrative control of other Royal Military Police Brigade units rests under GOC Regional Command.
The brigade consists of the following units:
- 1st Military Police Brigade in Andover
4 Regiment Royal Military Police will disband and its sub-units will be transferred to 3 Regiment Royal Military Police, which in turn will cede one of its companies to 1 Regiment Royal Military Police. 4 RMP will formally disband on 1 November 2019.
- "Provost Marshal (Army) & 1 MP Brigade". Retrieved 17 November 2018.
1 MP Brigade ...sits under the tactical command of 3 (UK) Div.
- "The British Army Journal". Archived from the original on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Army Reserve Quarterly: Spring 2014 to Summer 2014" (PDF). p. 22. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "The 1 Military Police Brigade Formation Flash" (PDF). Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Arresting cover commemorates new 1 Military Police Brigade" (PDF). Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- "Army 2020 Refine changes since 2017 FOI" (PDF). 18 October 2019. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- "RMP units" (PDF). whatdotheyknow.com. WhatDoTheyKnow. 22 November 2019. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
For part one of your request, 1st and 3rd Regiments Royal Military Police have been part of 101st Logistic Brigade since April 2018...Headquarters 1st Military Brigade has not moved from 3rd United Kingdom Division to Regional Command...Military Police capability remains under the command of the Chief of the General Staff (CGS) and retains full responsibility for investigations. To better coordinate the close support policing, the responsibility for day-to-day activities (tactical command) of 1st and 3rd Regiments Royal Military Police has been delegated to General Officer Commanding 3rd United Kingdom Division. General Officer Commanding Regional Command has administrative control for the remaining elements of the Brigade.
- "RMP Units - British Army Website". web.archive.org. 13 January 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Strategic Defence and Security Review - Army:Written statement - HCWS367 - UK Parliament". Parliament.uk. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Information on the Army 2020 Refine exercise - Gov.uk" (PDF). gov.uk. 10 March 2017. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Soldier Magazine August 2019". viewer.zmags.com. Soldier Magazine. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
4 Regiment, Royal Military Police is due to disband on November 1, 2019