1990 Atlanta Braves season
The 1990 Atlanta Braves season was the team's 25th season in Atlanta, the 115th in franchise history as a member of the National League and the 120th season overall. The Braves went 65–97, en route to their sixth-place finish in the NL West, 26 games behind the World Champion Cincinnati Reds, and ending up with the worst record that year. On June 23, Bobby Cox replaced Russ Nixon as the team's manager, a job Cox would hold for the next two decades.
|1990 Atlanta Braves|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Bobby Cox, John Schuerholz|
|Manager(s)||Russ Nixon, Bobby Cox|
(Pete Van Wieren, Skip Caray, Don Sutton)
(Pete Van Wieren, Skip Caray, Don Sutton, Dave O'Brien)
|< Previous season Next season >|
- November 20, 1989: Mark Eichhorn was released by the Atlanta Braves. 
- December 15, 1989: Gerald Perry and Jim LeMasters (minors) were traded by the Braves to the Kansas City Royals for Charlie Leibrandt and Rick Luecken.
- December 17, 1989: Ricky Trlicek was traded by the Braves to the Toronto Blue Jays for Ernie Whitt and Kevin Batiste.
- July 5, 1990: Ron Gant had 6 RBIs in one game against the New York Mets.
- David Justice won the National League Rookie of the Year Award.
Opening Day startersEdit
|Los Angeles Dodgers||86||76||0.531||5||47–34||39–42|
|San Francisco Giants||85||77||0.525||6||49–32||36–45|
|San Diego Padres||75||87||0.463||16||37–44||38–43|
Record vs. opponentsEdit
1990 National League Records
Sources:            
- April 30, 1990: Sergio Valdez was selected off waivers from the Braves by the Cleveland Indians.
- May 2, 1990: Greg Tubbs was traded by the Braves to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Rico Rossy.
- July 12, 1990: Derek Lilliquist was traded by the Braves to the San Diego Padres for Mark Grant.
- July 23, 1990: Marvin Freeman was traded by the Philadelphia Phillies to the Braves for Joe Boever.
- August 3, 1990: Dale Murphy was traded by the Braves with a player to be named later to the Philadelphia Phillies for players to be named later and Jeff Parrett. The Braves sent Tommy Greene (August 9, 1990) to the Phillies to complete the trade. The Phillies sent Jim Vatcher (August 9, 1990) and Víctor Rosario (September 4, 1990) to the Braves to complete the trade.
- August 16, 1990: Billy Taylor was signed as a Free Agent by the Braves.
- June 4, 1990: 1990 Major League Baseball Draft
|1990 Atlanta Braves|
Starters by positionEdit
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
- Greg Olson, Catcher
- "Mark Eichhorn: Career Statistics". Baseball Reference. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Gerald Perry page at Baseball Reference
- Ricky Trlicek page at Baseball Reference
- Sergio Valdez page at Baseball Reference
- Rico Rossy page at Baseball Reference
- Derek Lilliquist page at Baseball Reference
- Marvin Freeman page at Baseball Reference
- Dale Murphy page at Baseball Reference
- Billy Taylor page at Baseball Reference
- 1990 MLB Draft Round 1 at Baseball Reference
- Joe Ayrault page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 1997