1990–91 Idaho Vandals men's basketball team
The 1990–91 Idaho Vandals men's basketball team represented the University of Idaho during the 1990–91 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. Members of the Big Sky Conference, the Vandals were led by first-year head coach Larry Eustachy and played their home games on campus at the Kibbie Dome in Moscow, Idaho.
|1990–91 Idaho Vandals men's basketball|
|Conference||Big Sky Conference|
|1990–91 record||19–11 (11–5 Big Sky)|
|Head coach||Larry Eustachy (1st season)|
|Home arena||Kibbie Dome|
|1990–91 Big Sky men's basketball standings|
|† Conference tournament winner |
At the conference tournament in Missoula, the Vandals defeated second-seed Nevada by nineteen points in the semifinals and were on the verge of a third consecutive title, but lost by eight points in the final to host Montana.
|Opponent||Result||Record||Site (attendance) |
|Big Sky Tournament|
|Wed, March 6
|vs. Weber State
||Dahlberg Arena (3,500)|
|Fri, March 8
||Dahlberg Arena (6,056)|
|Sat, March 9
6:07 pm, ESPN
||Dahlberg Arena (7,156)|
- "Big Sky standings". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). March 3, 1991. p. 5C.
- Schulte, Chris (March 5, 1991). "Idaho to meet Wildcats in BSC tourney". Idahonian. (Moscow). p. 6A.
- Schulte, Chris (March 9, 1991). "UI shoots down Wolf Pack". Idahonian. (Moscow). p. 1D.
- Schulte, Chris (March 11, 1991). "Watson shines in title game loss for UI". Idahonian. (Moscow). p. 1B.
- Grummert, Dale (March 10, 1991). "Montana breaks through to beat Idaho". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). p. 1C.
- Sports Reference – Idaho Vandals: 1990–91 basketball season
- Gem of the Mountains: 1991 University of Idaho yearbook – 1990–91 basketball season
- Idaho Argonaut – student newspaper – 1991 editions