1985 Monte Carlo Open
The 1985 Monte Carlo Open, also known by its sponsored name Jacomo Monte Carlo Open, was a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts at the Monte Carlo Country Club in Monte Carlo, Monaco that was part of the 1985 Nabisco Grand Prix. It was the 79th edition of the tournament and was held from 1 April until 7 April 1985. First-seeded Ivan Lendl won the singles title and earned $58,000 first-prize money. On the final Sunday he had to finish his semifinal again defending champion Henrik Sundström before defeating Wilander in a three and a half hour final.
|1985 Monte Carlo Open|
|Date||1 – 7 April|
|Draw||48S / 24D|
|Surface||Clay / outdoor|
|Location||Monte Carlo, Monaco|
|Venue||Monte Carlo Country Club|
|Ivan Lendl |
|Pavel Složil / Tomáš Šmíd |
- It was Lendl's 2nd singles title of the year and the 44th of his career.
- "1985 Monte Carlo – Singles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1985 Monte Carlo – Doubles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1986). The International Tennis Federation : World of Tennis 1986. London: Willow Books. pp. 152–153. ISBN 9780002182096.
- "McEnroe winner on Connors default". The New York Times. 8 April 1985.