1984 United States Senate election in West Virginia
The 1984 United States Senate election in West Virginia was held on November 6, 1984. Incumbent Democratic U.S. Senator Jennings Randolph chose to retire and did not run for re-election to a fifth term, and was succeeded by West Virginia Governor Jay Rockefeller, who defeated Republican John Raese in one of the closer races of the year.
Rockefeller: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80%
Raese: 50–60% 60–70% 70-80%
- Ken Auvil, businessman from Belington
- Homer L. Harris, Republican nominee for U.S. Representative in 1982
- Jay Rockefeller, incumbent Governor of West Virginia
- Lacy W. Wright Jr., State Senator from Welch
- Frank Deem, former State Senator and Delegate from Vienna
- Samuel Kusic, State Senator from Weirton
- John Raese, businessman
- Henry C. Vigilianco
- Frederick A. Weiland
|Republican||Henry C. Vigilianco||3,113||2.43%|
|Socialist Workers||Mary E. Radin||3,299||0.46%||N/A|
- "WV U.S. Senate". OurCampaigns.com. Retrieved 3 May 2020.