The 1977–78 Boise State Broncos men's basketball team represented Boise State University during the 1977–78 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. The Broncos were led by fifth-year head coach Bus Connor and played their home games on campus at Bronco Gymnasium in Boise, Idaho.
|1977–78 Boise State Broncos men's basketball|
|Conference||Big Sky Conference|
|Record||13–14 (8–6 Big Sky)|
|Home arena||Bronco Gymnasium|
|1977–78 Big Sky men's basketball standings|
|Weber State †||9||–||5||.643||19||–||10||.655|
|† Conference tournament winner|
They finished the regular season at 13–13 overall, with a 8–6 record in the Big Sky Conference, fourth in the standings. In the four-team conference tournament at Missoula, the Broncos met host and regular season champion Montana in the semifinals, and lost by nine points.
Boise State did not return to the conference tournament until 1984, when it expanded to include all eight teams.
|Rank#||Opponent#||Result||Record||Site (attendance) |
|Big Sky tournament|
|Fri, March 3
|(4)||at (1) Montana
||Adams Fieldhouse (9,350)|
- "Big Sky playoff starts at Montana". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. March 3, 1978. p. 5B.
- "Big Sky final standings". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). February 27, 1978. p. 15.
- "Montana, Weber in Big Sky finals". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. March 4, 1978. p. 1B.
- "Montana's Richardson all-conference for third year". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. March 7, 1978. p. 1B.
- "Grizzlies' 'M.R.R.' 3-timer". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). Associated Press. March 8, 1978. p. 17.
- Sports Reference – Boise State Broncos – 1977–78 basketball season