1976 Winter Paralympics
The 1976 Winter Paralympic Games (Swedish: Paralympiska vinterspelen 1976) were the first Winter Paralympics. They were held in Örnsköldsvik, Sweden, from 21 to 28 February 1976. The disabilities included in this Paralympics were blindness and amputees. Sixteen countries took part with 196 athletes. There were competitions in Alpine and Nordic skiing for amputee and visually impaired athletes, and a demonstration event in ice sledge racing.
|Host city||Örnsköldsvik, Sweden|
|Events||53 in 2 sports|
The games consisted of 2 sports.
The top 10 NPCs by number of gold medals are listed below. The host nation (Sweden) is highlighted.
|Totals (9 nations)||53||46||42||141|
Participating Paralympic CommitteesEdit
The following nations took part. In brackets is the number of athletes per nation.
|Participating National Paralympic Committees|
- "Örnsköldsvik 1976 Paralympic Winter Games". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 3 April 2010.
- "Örnsköldsvik 1976". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 3 April 2010.
- History and Use of the Term Paralympic, International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- Paralympics (Swedish), biblioteket.se
- "Participation Numbers – Örnsköldsvik 1976 Paralympic Winter Games". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 3 April 2010.
|New sporting event|| Winter Paralympics
I Paralympic Winter Games (1976)