The 1975–76 Idaho Vandals men's basketball team represented the University of Idaho during the 1975–76 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. Members of the Big Sky Conference, the Vandals were led by second-year head coach Jim Jarvis and played their home games on campus at the Memorial Gymnasium and Kibbie Dome in Moscow, Idaho. They were 7–19 overall and 3–11 in conference play.
|1975–76 Idaho Vandals men's basketball|
|Conference||Big Sky Conference|
|Record||7–19 (3–11 Big Sky)|
|Home arena||Kibbie Dome|
|1975–76 Big Sky men's basketball standings|
|Boise State †||9||–||5||.643||18||–||11||.621|
|† Conference tournament winner |
The Vandals played their first game in the Kibbie Dome on Wednesday, January 21, against Palouse rival Washington State of the Pac-8. It was commemorated with a visit by Vandal great Gus Johnson, who played in the preliminary alumni game. The evening easily set a school attendance record for basketball at 6,449, which stood for five years.
The conference tournament debuted this season; through 1983, it was hosted by the regular season champion and only the top four teams participated. Idaho first qualified for the tourney in 1980, then hosted and won the next two.
- "Vandals open at Salt Lake". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). November 28, 1975. p. 1B.
- "Vandals vs. Spartans: Nuess among missing". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). December 1, 1975. p. 1B.
- "College hoop standings". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). March 2, 1976. p. 16.
- "College cage standings". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). March 1, 1976. p. 3B.
- Emerson, Paul (January 21, 1976). "Dome opener". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). p. 1B.
- Barrows, Bob (January 20, 1976). "Idaho cage great Gus Johnson returns to Palouse". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). p. 1B.
- Spotleson, Bruce (January 22, 1976). "WSU also captures alumni game 74-63". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). p. 1B.
- Emerson, Paul (January 22, 1976). "Crowd of 6,449 sees Cougar romp in dome". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). p. 1B.
- Missildine, Harry (January 9, 1981). "Vandals pass first Sky test". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). p. 25.
- "Trio tops Big Sky all-star team". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. March 3, 1976. p. 2B.
- "Watts gets 'Sky honor for 3rd year". Deseret News. (Salt Lake City, Utah). UPI. March 2, 1976. p. B6.
- "Gonzaga's Jim Grady 2nd-team Sky choice". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). Associated Press. March 2, 1976. p. 20.
- Sports Reference – Idaho Vandals: 1975–76 basketball season
- Gem of the Mountains: 1976 University of Idaho yearbook – 1975–76 basketball season
- Idaho Argonaut – student newspaper – 1976 editions