1972 Queen's Club Championships
The 1972 Queen's Club Championships, also known by its sponsored name Rothmans London Grass Court Championships, was a combined men's and women's tennis tournament played on grass courts at the Queen's Club in London in the United Kingdom that was part of the 1972 Commercial Union Assurance Grand Prix and the 1972 Virginia Slims Circuit. The tournament was held from 19 June through 24 June 1972. In the semifinal of the men's singles event 44-year old Pancho Gonzales was leading by a set against John Paish when he was disqualified by the tournament referee after an argument over the replacement of a linesman. Jimmy Connors and Chris Evert won the singles titles.
|1972 Queen's Club Championships|
|Date||19 – 24 June|
|Surface||Grass / Outdoor|
|Jimmy Connors |
|Jim McManus / Jim Osborne |
|Rosie Casals / Billie Jean King|
- It was Connors' 1st title of the year and the 1st of his career.
- It was Evert's 3rd title of the year and the 7th of her career.
- It was McManus' 2nd title of the year and the 4th of his career. It was Osborne's 2nd title of the year and the 5th of his career.
- It was Casals' 4th title of the year and the 14th of her career. It was King's 3rd title of the year and the 37th of her career.
- "1972 London – Men's Singles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1972 London – Men's Doubles draw". www.atpworldtour.com. Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1973). World of Tennis '73 : a BP and Commercial Union yearbook. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 284. ISBN 9780671216238.
- "Gonzalez Is Disqualified In Court By Woman Referee". Herald-Journal. AP. June 23, 1972. p. A6.
- "Bea Seal". The Telegraph. 1 February 2011.