|Dates||June 8–11, 1972|
|Course(s)||Pleasant Valley Country Club|
|Format||Stroke play – 72 holes|
|Length||6,130 yards (5,605 m)|
|Field||82 players, 52 after cut|
Kathy Ahern shot a final round 69 (−4) to win her only major title, six strokes ahead of runner-up Jane Blalock. Ahern began the final round with a one-stroke lead over three players; after five straight birdies on the front nine, she had a six-stroke lead and shot even par on the final nine.
Final leaderboard edit
Sunday, June 11, 1972
|Place||Player||Score||To par||Money ($)|
|T5||Clifford Ann Creed||78-76-79-71=304||+12||2,155|
- "LPGA led by Miller". Spokesman-Review. Spokane, Washington. Associated Press. June 10, 1972. p. 12.
- "Miss Ahern birdies in to capture Eve LPGA easily". Spartanburg Herald. (South Carolina). Associated Press. June 12, 1972. p. B3.
- "Miss Ahern conquers Eve field". Palm Beach Post. (Florida). Associated Press. June 12, 1972. p. D2.
- "Kathy Ahern wins Eve LPGA by six strokes". Wilmington Morning Star. (North Carolina). UPI. June 12, 1972. p. 16.
- "Miss Ahern takes Eve LPGA lead". Spartanburg Herald-Tribune. (South Carolina). Associated Press. June 11, 1972. p. B3.
- "Women's golf". Spokane Daily Chronicle. (Washington). July 10, 1972. p. 17.
- "Kathy Ahern champ in women's tourney". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. (Florida). Associated Press. July 10, 1972. p. 3C.