The 1972 Bristol Open, also known by its sponsored name W.D. & H.O. Wills Open Tournament, was a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor grass courts. The event was part of the 1972 Commercial Union Assurance Grand Prix circuit and classified as C category. It was played in Bristol, Great Britain and was held from 12 to 17 June 1972. Bob Hewitt won the singles title and earned $7,800 first-prize money.
|1972 Bristol Open|
|Category||Grand Prix (C category)|
|Draw||32S / 17D|
|Surface||Grass / outdoor|
|Bob Hewitt / Frew McMillan|
- It was Hewitt's 5th title of the year and the 7th of his career.
- It was Hewitt's 4th title of the year and the 6th of his career. It was McMillan's 3rd title of the year and the 5th of his career.
- "1972 Bristol – Singles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1972 Bristol – Doubles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- John Barrett, ed. (1973). World of Tennis '73. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 121. ISBN 0671216236.
- "Olmedo is Beaten by Hewitt in Final". The New York Times. 17 June 1972.