1960 United States Senate election in Arkansas
The 1960 United States Senate election in Arkansas took place on November 8, 1960. Incumbent Democratic U.S. Senator John L. McClellan was re-elected to a fourth term in office.
Because McClellan faced only token in the general election, his victory in the July 26 primary was tantamount to election. McClellan was also unopposed in the primary.
|Democratic||John L. McClellan (incumbent)||unopposed|
|Democratic||John L. McClellan (incumbent)||377,036||99.88%|
- "Arkansas". Voting Information. Washington, D.C.: Prepared by Office of Armed Forces Information & Education, Department of Defense. January 1960. p. 6. Retrieved 21 August 2021.
- Secretary of State 2018, p. 366.
- Congressional Quarterly 1998, p. 107.
- Congressional Quarterly 1998, p. 82.
- Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives (1961). "Statistics of the Presidential and Congressional Election of November 8, 1960" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office.
- "AR US Senate, 1960". Our Campaigns. Retrieved 21 August 2021.