1952–53 New York Rangers season
The 1952–53 New York Rangers season was the 27th season for the team in the National Hockey League (NHL). During the regular season, the Rangers compiled a 17–37–16 record and finished with 50 points. The Rangers' last-place finish caused them to miss the NHL playoffs.
|1952–53 New York Rangers|
|General Manager||Frank Boucher|
|Arena||Madison Square Garden|
|Goals||Wally Hergesheimer (30)|
|Assists||Paul Ronty (38)|
|Points||Wally Hergesheimer (59)|
|Penalty minutes||Hy Buller (73)|
|Wins||Gump Worsley (13)|
|Goals against average||Chuck Rayner (2.90)|
|1||Detroit Red Wings||70||36||16||18||222||133||+89||90|
|4||Chicago Black Hawks||70||27||28||15||169||175||−6||69|
|5||Toronto Maple Leafs||70||27||30||13||156||167||−11||67|
|6||New York Rangers||70||17||37||16||152||211||−59||50|
Record vs. opponentsEdit
|1952–53 NHL Records|
Schedule and resultsEdit
|1952–53 Game Log|
†Denotes player spent time with another team before joining Rangers. Stats reflect time with Rangers only.
‡Traded mid-season. Stats reflect time with Rangers only.
- Pos = Position; GPI = Games played in; G = Goals; A = Assists; Pts = Points; PIM = Penalty minutes; +/- = Plus/minus; PPG = Power-play goals; SHG = Short-handed goals; GWG = Game-winning goals
- Min, TOI = Minutes played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T,T/OT = Ties; OTL = Overtime losses; GA = Goals-against; GAA = Goals-against average; SO = Shutouts; SA = Shots against; SV = Shots saved; SV% = Save percentage;
Awards and recordsEdit
- "1952–53 NHL Season Summary". Hockey-Reference. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- "1952–1953 Division Standings Standings - NHL.com - Standings". National Hockey League.
- "1952–53 New York Rangers". hockeydb.com. Archived from the original on 8 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-08.