1935 in Canadian football
|1935 in Canadian football|
|East Champions||Hamilton Tigers|
|West Champions||Winnipeg 'Pegs|
|23rd Grey Cup|
Canadian Football News in 1935Edit
The Calgary franchise became known as the "Bronks".
The Winnipeg Victoria Rugby Club reformed on February 22, 1935. The nucleus of the team would be made up of players who played the 1934 season for the Deer Lodge junior team.
Final regular season standingsEdit
|University of Saskatchewan Huskies||4||2||2||0||35||62||4|
- Bold text means that they have clinched the playoffs.
|Football Union||League Champion||Regular Season Champion|
|IRFU||Hamilton Tigers||Hamilton Tigers|
|CIRFU||Queen's University||University of Toronto|
|ORFU||Sarnia Imperials||Sarnia Imperials|
|SRFU||Regina Roughriders||Regina Roughriders|
|ARFU||Calgary Bronks||Calgary Bronks|
|BCRFU||Vancouver Meralomas||Vancouver Meralomas|
Grey Cup PlayoffsEdit
Note: All dates in 1935
- Queen's advances to the East Semi-Final
- Calgary advances to the Western Title game.
- Winnipeg advances to the Western Title game.
- Hamilton advances to the East Final game.
- Winnipeg advances to the Grey Cup game.
- Hamilton advances to the Grey Cup game.
|Quarter Finals||Semi Finals||Grey Cup Final|
|ORFU||Toronto Balmy Beach||0|
Grey Cup ChampionshipEdit
1935 Ontario Rugby Football Union All-StarsEdit
NOTE: During this time most players played both ways, so the All-Star selections do not distinguish between some offensive and defensive positions.
- QB – Ab Box, Toronto Balmy Beach Beachers
- FW – Gord Patterson, Sarnia Imperials
- HB – Ormond Beach, Sarnia Imperials
- HB – Hugh Sterling, Sarnia Imperials
- HB – Rocky Parsaca, Sarnia Imperials
- E – Syd Reynolds, Toronto Balmy Beach Beachers
- E – Stan Reeve, Sarnia Imperials
- C – Bruce Spears, Sarnia Imperials
- G – Pat Bulter, Sarnia Imperials
- G – Bob Reid, Toronto Balmy Beach Beachers
- T – Ernie Hempey, Toronto Balmy Beach Beachers
- T – Cliff Parson, Sarnia Imperials
1935 Canadian Football AwardsEdit
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=g4sjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vJgFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6856%2C1862568 The Montreal Gazette – November 18, 1935
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=iYsjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vJgFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6884%2C2706402 The Montreal Gazette – November 25, 1935
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=J4pTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RDgNAAAAIBAJ&pg=2023%2C416314 The Leader-Post – November 4, 1935
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=J4pTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RDgNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1530%2C415794 The Leader-Post – November 4, 1935
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=iYsjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vJgFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6625%2C2719866 The Montreal Gazette – November 25, 1935
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=LYpTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=RDgNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1322%2C1261575 The Leader-Post – November 12, 1935
- https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=4b4tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=C5kFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6613%2C87614 The Montreal Gazette – December 2, 1935