The 18th Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival was held from August 5–14, 2022 in Metro Manila, Philippines. A total of eleven full-length features and twelve short films competed. The festival was opened by the film Leonor Will Never Die by Martika Ramirez Escobar and its closing film was Delikado by Karl Malakunas and We Don't Dance for Nothing by Stefanos Tai. This year marks the return of the full-length category as well as the festival's return to on-site screening since the breakout of the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Opening film||Leonor Will Never Die by Martika Ramirez Escobar|
|Closing film||Delikado by Karl Malakunas and We Don't Dance for Nothing by Stefanos Tai|
|Location||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Festival date||August 5, 2022–August 14, 2022|
|Language||English, Filipino, Hiligaynon|
The winning film is highlighted with boldface and a dagger.
|12 Weeks||Anna Isabelle Matutina||Max Eigenmann, Bing Pimentel, Vance Larena, and Claudia Enriquez||Drama|
|Angkas (The Backride)||Rainerio C. Yamson II||Joem Bascon, Benjamin Alves, Meryll Soriano, and Jolo Estrada||Drama, Magical Realism|
|Bakit 'Di Mo Sabihin? (Tell Her)||Real S. Florido||Janine Gutierrez and JC De Vera||Romance Drama|
|Batsoy||Ronald Espinosa Batallones||Sean Ethan Sotto, Karen Laurrie Mendoza, and Mariano Cambas||Drama, Fantasy|
|Blue Room||Ma-an L. Asuncion-Dagñalan||juan karlos, Harvey Bautista, Nourijune, Keoni Jin, and Elijah Canlas||Coming of Age, Comedy, Crime, Drama|
|Bula sa Langit (Trigger)||Sheenly Gener||Gio Gahol, Kate Alejandrino, and AIR||Drama|
|Ginhawa (Solace)||Christian Paolo Lat||Andrew Ramsay, Ruby Ruiz, Dido de la Paz, and Rolando Incocencio||Sports Drama|
|Kaluskos (Rustles)||Roman S. Perez Jr.||Coleen Garcia, Queenzy Calma, Karl Medina, Cara Gonzales, Elora Españo||Domestic Drama, Thriller|
|Kargo (Cargo)||TM Malones||Max Eigenmann, Jess Mendoza, Myles Robles, and Ronnie Lazaro (special participation)||Road Movie|
|Retirada (The Retiree)||Milo Alto Paz and Cynthia Cruz-Paz||Peewee O'Hara, Jerry O'Hara, Donna Cariaga, Dexter Doria, Nanding Josef, Lui Manansala, and Johana Basanta||Drama|
|The Baseball Player †||Carlo Obispo||Tommy Alejandrino, JM San Jose, Tess Antonio, Don Melvin Boongaling, Sue Prado, Pongs Leonardo, Joel Saracho, Bon Lentejas, Ely Cellan, and Arnold Reyes (special participation)||Social drama|
|Ampangabagat Nin Talakba Ha Likol (It's Raining Frogs Outside)||Maria Estela Paiso|
|Black Rainbow †||Zig Dulay|
|City of Flowers||Xeph Suarez|
|Distance||Dexter Paul de Jesus|
|Duwa-Duwa||Nena Jane Achacoso|
|Mga Handum Nga Nasulat sa Barras (The Dreams That Are Written in the Sand)||Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay and Ricard Jeroui Salvadico|
|Mata Kang Busay (Vision of the Falls)||Niño Maldecir and Cyphor John Gayorgor|
|Kwits||Raz de la Torre|
|Roundtrip to Happiness||Claudia Fernando|
|See You, George!||Mark Moneda|
|Si Oddie||Maria Kydylee Torato|
The awards ceremony was held on August 14, 2022, at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater), Cultural Center of the Philippines. In the full-length category, Blue Room won the most awards with five, followed by The Baseball Player with four.
- Best Film – The Baseball Player by Carlo Obispo
- Special Jury Prize – Blue Room by Ma-an L. Asuncion Dagñalan
- Audience Choice Award – Kargo by TM Malones
- Best Direction – Blue Room by Ma-an L. Asuncion Dagñalan
- Best Actor – Tommy Alejandrino for The Baseball Player
- Best Actress – Max Eigenmann for 12 Weeks
- Best Supporting Actor – Soliman Cruz for Blue Room
- Best Supporting Actress – Ruby Ruiz for Ginhawa
- Best Screenplay – Carlo Obispo for The Baseball Player
- Best Cinematography – Neil Daza for Blue Room
- Best Editing – Zig Dulay for The Baseball Player
- Best Sound Design – Pepe Manikan for Bula Sa Langit
- Best Original Music Score – Isha Abubakar for Retirada
- Best Production Design – Marxie Maolen Fadul for Blue Room
- Best Film – "Black Rainbow" by Zig Dulay
- Special Jury Prize – "Dikit" by Gabriela Serrano
- Audience Choice Award – "Mga Handum Nga Nasulat Sa Baras" by Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay and Richard Jeroui Salvadico
- Best Screenplay – "Black Rainbow" by Zig Dulay
- Best Direction – Gabriela Serrano for "Dikit"
- ^ Purnell, Kristofer. "LIST: Films competing at Cinemalaya Film Festival 2022; PhilStar".
- ^ Bulletin, Manila. "Award-winning documentaries close Cinemalaya 18; Manila Bulletin".
- ^ Pagulong, Charmie Joy. "Cinemalaya 2022: Winners, highlights and more at closing ceremony; The Philippine Star".