189th (2nd York and Durham) Brigade
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2015)
The 189th (2nd York and Durham) Brigade was a formation of the British Army during the First World War. It was raised as a second line brigade, part of the 63rd (2nd Northumbrian) Division, from those men in the Territorial Force who had not agreed to serve overseas. The second line infantry battalions had a minimum strength of 600 men. The brigade was disbanded in November 1916.
Order of BattleEdit
- 2/4th Battalion, East Yorkshire Regiment
- 2/4th Battalion, Yorkshire Regiment
- 2/5th Battalion, Yorkshire Regiment
- 2/5th Battalion, Durham Light Infantry
- "63rd (2nd Northumbrian) Division". The Long Long Trail. Retrieved 2 February 2012.