1900 Challenge Cup
|Number of teams||62|
The final was contested by Swinton and Salford at Fallowfield Stadium in Manchester on Saturday 28 April 1900. Swinton won 16-8 in front of a crowd of 17,864. The cup was presented by Mrs Smith, wife of the President of the Northern Union.
The 30 ties of the first round were all played on Saturday 17 March 1900. 64 teams had been in the draw but Holbeck and Bramley received byes as their opponents, Whitehaven Town and Rothwell respectively withdrew from the competition before the games were played.
|Hebden Bridge||0–15||Wakefield Trinity|
|Hull FC||52–0||Wath Brow Hornets|
|Hull Kingston Rovers||3–0||Millom|
|Leeds Parish Church||5–0||Seaton Rangers|
The two drawn matches were replayed on Tuesday 20 March; Batley beat Castleford 5–0 and Oldham beat Manningham 18–3.
The second round games were played on Saturday 24 March 1900.
|Altrincham||3–15||Leeds Parish Church|
|Brighouse Rangers||0–4||Wakefield Trinity|
|Rochdale Hornets||13–5||Hull Kingston Rovers|
The third round matches were played on Saturday 31 March 1900.
|Broughton Rangers||5–3||Wakefield Trinity|
|Leeds Parish Church||7–2||Batley|
The Widnes v Bramley tie was replayed on Tuesday 3 April with Widnes winning 8–0. Runcorn and Bradford replayed their game the following evening and drew again, this time 3–3. With the quarter-finals to be played on the following Saturday, the two clubs had to play a second replay on the following, Thursday, evening. In this third meeting Runcorn came out on top 6–2 in a match played on neutral ground at Broughton Rovers.
Saturday 7 April 1900 saw the four quarter final games played.
|Leeds Parish Church||5–5||Runcorn|
Leeds parish Church and Runcorn replayed the match on 11 April and Leeds Parish Church won 8–6.
The semi finals were played on 14 April 1900
|Swinton||8–0||Leeds Parish Church||Fartown, Huddersfield|
28 April 1900
|Swinton||16 – 8||Salford|
|Try: Davies, Lewis, Messer, R. Valentine
Goal: J. Valentine (2)
|Report||Try: Pearson, T. Williams|
- John Huxley; David Howes (1980). Encyclopedia of Rugby League Football. London: Robert Hale. p. 41-43. ISBN 0-7091-8133-7.
- Raymond Fletcher; David Howes (1995). Rothmans Rugby League Yearbook 1995-1996. London: Headline Book Publishing. p. 191. ISBN 0-7472-7817-2.
- "RFL Challenge Cup Roll of Honour". Archived from the original on 26 September 2009. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- Hoole, Les (2015). The Rugby League Challenge Cup An Illustrated History 1897-1998. DB Publishing. p. 15. ISBN 978-1-78091-462-6.
- "Summary of Results. Northern Union Cup". Yorkshire Evening Post (2, 980). 17 March 1900. p. 6 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Northern Union Cup. First Round—Replayed Ties". The Yorkshire Herald (15, 221). 21 March 1900. p. 8 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Summary of Results. Northern Union Cup". Yorkshire Evening Post (2, 986). 24 March 1900. p. 6 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Summary of Results. Northern Union Cup". Yorkshire Evening Post (2, 992). 31 March 1900. p. 6 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Sport and Play. Football". Lancashire Evening Post (4, 194). 4 April 1900. p. 6 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Rugby. Northern Union Cup". Leicester Daily Post (6, 867). 5 April 1900. p. 6 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Football. Northern Rugby Union Cup—Third Round". Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser (13, 544). 6 April 1900. p. 3 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Rugby. Northern Union Cup—Fourth Round". Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser (13, 546). 9 April 1900. p. 9 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "Football". The Citizen. 25 (88). 12 April 1900. p. 4 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- "News Summary". Leeds Mercury (19, 355). 16 April 1900. p. 4 – via British Newspaper Archive.
- Platt, Darrell (1991). A History of Salford Rugby League Club. Salford Rugby League Club.