1897 Clemson Tigers football team
The 1897 Clemson Tigers football team represented Clemson Agricultural College in the 1897 Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association football season. The Tigers completed their season as a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association with a record of 2–2, with wins over South Carolina and a Charlotte YMCA team, and losses to Georgia and North Carolina. All games were played in the opposing school's home city. William M. Williams served as the team's coach for his first season while W. T. Brock was the captain. The team was state champion.
|1897 Clemson Tigers football|
|Conference||Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association|
|1897 record||2–2 (0–1 SIAA)|
|Head coach||William M. Williams (1st season)|
|Captain||W. T. Brock|
|1897 SIAA football standings|
|October 9||at Georgia||L 0–24|
|October 23||at Charlotte YMCA*||Charlotte, NC||W 10–0|
|October 25||at North Carolina*||Chapel Hill, NC||L 0–28|
|November 10||at South Carolina*||Columbia, SC (Big Thursday)||W 18–6|
- see Glomerata. 1898. p. 94.
- "2016 FOOTBALL MEDIA GUIDE" (PDF). ClemsonTigers.com. Clemson Athletics. 2016. pp. 200–208. Retrieved December 14, 2016.
- Bourret, Tim. "2010 Clemson Football Media Guide" (PDF). Clemson University. p. 202. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 May 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Clemson Game by Game Results". College Football Data Warehouse. Retrieved September 13, 2015.
- 2010 Media Guide, p. 198
- Reel, Jerome. The High Seminary (PDF). pp. 132–133.
|This article about a sports team in South Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|