1834 in France
Events from the year 1834 in France.
|See also:||Other events of 1834|
History of France • Timeline • Years
- 1 January - Ludovic Halévy, author and playwright (died 1908).
- 9 April - Edmond Laguerre, mathematician (died 1886).
- 18 May - Auguste-Théodore-Paul de Broglie, professor of apologetics (died 1895).
- 19 July - Edgar Degas, artist (died 1917).
- 2 August - Frédéric Bartholdi, sculptor, designer of the Statue of Liberty (died 1904).
- 30 September - Louis Pierre Mouillard, engineer (died 1897).
- 16 December - Léon Walras, economist (died 1910).
- 28 December - Pierre Jean Marie Delavay, missionary, explorer and botanist (died 1895).
- 20 May - Gilbert du Motier, marquis de La Fayette, military officer and former aristocrat (born 1757).
- 14 July - Edmond-Charles Genêt, ambassador to the United States during the French Revolution (born 1763).
- 7 August - Joseph Marie Jacquard, silk weaver and inventor (born 1752).
- 8 October - François-Adrien Boieldieu, composer (born 1775).