Events from the year 1643 in Ireland.
|See also:||Other events of 1643 |
List of years in Ireland
- March 18 – Irish Confederate Wars: Battle of New Ross: James Butler, Earl of Ormonde, defeats Thomas Preston and a numerically superior Irish Confederate army north of the town of New Ross.
- June 4 – Confederate Wars: Battle of Funcheon Ford: Catholic Confederation commander James Tuchet, 3rd Earl of Castlehaven's horsemen surprise and rout hundreds of Baron Inchiquin's men near Castlelyons in County Cork.
- September – Confederate Wars: "Cessation" (i.e. ceasefire) arranged by Ormond places the greater part of Ireland into the hands of the Catholic Confederation.
- An Calbhach mac Aedh Ó Conchobhair Donn, The Ó Conchubhair Donn, Chief of the Name of the Clan Ó Conchubhair, is popularly inaugurated as King.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Bagwell, Richard. "O'Brien, Murrough (1614–1674)". Dictionary of National Biography. Vol. XVI. London: Smith, Elder. p. 321. Cites Castlehaven's Memoirs, p. 40.
- Smith, Charles (1815). The Ancient and Present State of the County and City of Cork. Vol. III. pp. 146–8.
- "Battles of the Eleven Years War". Inchiquin. Retrieved 10 July 2012.