1527 in Ireland
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019)
Events from the year 1527 in Ireland.
|See also:||Other events of 1527 |
List of years in Ireland
- Edmond de Burca is succeeded as Mac William Iochtar by Seaán an Tearmainn Bourke.
- Edmund Butler, archbishop of Cashel, is consecrated.
- James Butler, 9th earl of Ormond, becomes Esquire of the Body to King Henry VIII.
- John Rawson, 1st and only Viscount Clontarf, is appointed commander of the light infantry of Order of St. John of Jerusalem.
- Rychard Martin is succeeded as Mayor of Galway by William Morris.
- March 21 – Edward Fitton, the elder, Lord President of Connaught and Thomond and the Vice-Treasurer of Ireland (died 1579).
- May 21 – Philip II of Spain, King of England and Ireland (died 1598).
- October 2 – William Drury, Lord President of Munster and Lord Justice of Ireland, is born in Hawstead, Suffolk (died 1579).
- Elizabeth FitzGerald, Countess of Lincoln, Irish noblewoman (died 1590).
- John Garvey, Protestant Bishop of Kilmore and Archbishop of Armagh (died 1595).
- John Hooker, Member of parliament for Athenry (died 1601).
- William Good, English Jesuit teacher in Limerick (died 1586).
- "Ireland". tripsavvy.com/. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- "Biography of PHILIP of Spain (King of England) - Archontology.org". archontology.org. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "DRURY, Sir Robert II (by 1503-77), of Hedgerley and Chalfont St. Peter, Bucks. | History of Parliament Online". historyofparliamentonline.org. Retrieved 2019-04-13.
- "FITZGERALD of Kildare". tudorplace.com.ar. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "Hooker [Vowell], John (c. 1527–1601), antiquary and civic administrator | Oxford Dictionary of National Biography". oxforddnb.com. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/13695. Retrieved 2019-04-10.