1337x is a website that provides a directory of torrent files and magnet links used for peer-to-peer file sharing through the BitTorrent protocol. According to the TorrentFreak news blog, 1337x is the third most popular torrent website as of 2021.
Type of site
|Torrent index, magnet links provider|
1337x was founded in 2007 and saw increasing popularity in 2016 after the closure of KickassTorrents. In October 2016, it introduced a website redesign with new functionalities. The site is banned from Google search queries and does not appear when searching through Google search. This action was taken following a request by Feelgood Entertainment in 2015. In 2015 the site moved from its older .pl domain to .to, partly in order to evade the block.
- "Torrent Site 1337x Hopes New Design Will Prevent Search Engine Bans". TorrentFreak. 2016-10-30. Archived from the original on 2016-10-31. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- Van der Sar, Ernesto (5 April 2020). "Top 10 Most Popular Torrent Sites of 2020 * Best of TorrentFreak". TorrentFreak. Archived from the original on 9 July 2020. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- "1337x Takes On The Pirate Bay As Torrentz And Kickass Torrents Alternative Unveils New Site Design". Tech Times. 2016-10-31. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "DMCA (Copyright) Complaint to Google :: Notices :: Lumen". www.lumendatabase.org. Archived from the original on 2019-10-29. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "1337x Staff Abandon "Insecure" Torrent Site, Start Over". TorrentFreak. 2015-12-20. Archived from the original on 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "Torrent search". 2013-08-14. Archived from the original on 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2020-12-20.
- Patel, Vinay (24 October 2016). "The Pirate Bay Alternative: Google Hits TPB With A New Block [VIDEO]; See Top Three Alternatives". www.universityherald.com. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "The Pirate Bay has shut down, but users can try these alternatives". Latin Post. 2016-10-26. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2016-10-31.