The decade of the 1230s in art involved some significant events.
|1220s . 1230s in art . 1240s|
- 1239: First record of Mabel of Bury St. Edmunds, English embroiderer.
- 1238: Wuzhun Shifan – Self-portrait
- 1237: Yahya ibn Mahmud al-Wasiti – Maqamat (meetings) of the al-Hariri
- 1235: Bonaventura Berlinghieri – St. Francis
- 1239: Gaddo Gaddi, Florentine painter and mosaicist in a gothic art style (died 1312)
- 1238: Guglielmo Agnelli, Pisan-born sculptor and architect (died 1313)
- 1235: Qián Xuǎn, Chinese loyalist painter from Zhejiang during the Southern Song dynasty (died 1305)
- 1235: Chen Rong, Chinese painter during the Southern Song dynasty (died 1262)
- 1235: Cosimo Cosmati, Roman architect, sculptor and worker in decorative geometric mosaic (born 1210)
- 1230: Benedetto Antelami, Italian architect and sculptor of the Romanesque school (born 1150)
- ^ Lancaster, R. Kent (1972). "Artists, Suppliers and Clerks: The Human Factors in the Art Patronage of King Henry III". Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes. 35: 83–85. doi:10.2307/750922. JSTOR 750922.