This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Some numerologists and New Age philosophies believe that events linked to the time 11:11 appear more often than can be explained by chance or coincidence and is an example of synchronicity. Some authors claim that seeing 11:11 on a clock is an auspicious sign. Others claim that 11:11 signals a spirit presence. However, skeptics say that Uri Geller's examples of 11:11 phenomena in world events are examples of post-hoc reasoning and confirmation bias.
Significance in datesEdit
For various reasons, people ascribe different kinds of significance to dates and numbers; for example, the date of November 11, 2011, or "11/11/11", showed an increase in the number of marriages taking place in different areas throughout the world, including the U.S. and across the Asian continent. Many females were pregnant at this time, and babies born on this date also received special media attention.
- "Do you see 11:11?". 11:11 Spirit Guardians. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- Geller, Uri. "The 11:11 phenomenon." 2006. Web. 22 Dec. 2014.
- Solara (1992). 11:11: Inside the Doorway. Charlottesville, VA: Star-Borne Unlimited. ISBN 1-878246-05-4.
- George Barnard (2004). The Search for 11:11: A Journey into the Spirit World. Australia: 11:11 Publishers. ISBN 0-9577889-6-7.
- "Uri Geller". Skeptic Report. Archived from the original on 8 October 2009. Retrieved 5 October 2009.
On his web site, Uri Geller has a list of things he connects with the number 11. He believes this number to be all-important. E.g. he attaches meaning to the fact that some people have noticed their clocks sometimes show the numbers "11:11".
- "The law of truly large numbers". Archived from the original on 2 December 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
The law of truly large numbers says that with a large enough sample many odd coincidences are likely to happen.
- Basu, Moni. "11/11/11: 'Ones' in a lifetime". CNN. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Savadove, Bill. "11/11/11 spells marriage and magic". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 12 November 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- Murphy, William. "11/11/11 baby born at 11:11 a.m. on LI". Newsday. Retrieved 2011-11-11.