This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2022)
.sl is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Sierra Leone.
|Introduced||9 May 1997|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Sierra Leone|
|Actual use||Not very much used|
|Registration restrictions||Registry reserves the right to screen and reject applications|
|Structure||Registrations permitted at second level|
Request for use by SomalilandEdit
In 2020, the Minister of Telecommunication and Technology of the unrecognized state of Somaliland asked Sierra Leone's Ministry of Information and Communication if they would be willing to share the use of the ccTLD with Somaliland. It is not clear if any response was received.
- .sl: General (may be registered by anyone)
- .com.sl: Commercial entities, e.g. companies
- .net.sl: Commercial entities with relation to networking (such as ISPs, cable companies etc.)
- .org.sl: Charities and non-profit organisations
- .edu.sl: Educational institutions registered in Sierra Leone
- .gov.sl: State and local government entities (requires authorization letter from the local Minister of Information Office)
- ^ "Minister of Telecommunication and Technology Asked Sierra Leone for ICT Help and Permission to Use it's .sl Top Level Domain". Somaliland Chronicle. 2021-01-19. Retrieved 2022-07-12.