|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Singapore|
|Actual use||Popular in Singapore|
|Registration restrictions||Singapore presence required; third-level names have various restrictions depending on which second level label they are under|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at the third level beneath generic categories, or directly at the second level; special .idn.sg category exists for internationalized domain names|
|Documents||Policies and agreements|
|Dispute policies||Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy[permanent dead link]|
In 2011, two new internationalized country code top-level domains were registered for Singapore, intended for domain names in the local languages. These domains will get domain names and working sites during 2011. These domains are .新加坡 (encoded as .xn--yfro4i67o) and .சிங்கப்பூர் (encoded as .xn--clchc0ea0b2g2a9gcd). The time plan is (or was) to begin accepting applications from existing domain owners in July 2011 and to activate them in September 2011.
- .com.sg - Commercial entities
- .net.sg - Network providers and info-com operators
- .org.sg - Organisations in the Registry of Societies
- .gov.sg - Government entities
- .edu.sg - Educational institutions
- .per.sg - Personal domain names
- .sg - Open to all with a valid Singapore postal address.
- .新加坡- for Chinese Websites
- .சிங்கப்பூர்- for Tamil websites
.sg domain statisticsEdit
As of January 2017, there were 175,563 registered .sg domains.