.lc is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Saint Lucia, sponsored by the University of Puerto Rico and created on September 3, 1991. The registry is operated by Afilias and markets towards companies structured as LCs, LLCs or PLCs due to the possibility of a domain hack, such as CompanyName.L.LC (companyname.l.lc uses the open SLD l.lc) and supposedly better names.[failed verification]
|Introduced||3 September 1991|
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Sponsor||University of Puerto Rico|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Saint Lucia|
|Actual use||International including from LLC and PLC; limited use in Saint Lucia|
|Structure||Registrations are made directly at second level, or at third level beneath several second-level names|
Second and third level domainsEdit
Registrations take place directly at the second level or at one of the following third level domains. There are a number of registrars, but .gov.lc and .edu.lc can only be registered at the NIC.
All domains must be between 1 and 63 characters long, excluding the TLD. In addition, domains may not contain anything other than letters, numbers, and a hyphen. .lc does not support internationalized domain names, and domain names may not start or end with a hyphen. Domain names considered offensive by the registry may not be registered.
- "Nic LC".
- "IANA — .lc Domain Delegation Data". www.iana.org. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Welcome! | Afilias Global Registry Services". afilias-grs.info. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Nic LC". www.nic.lc. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- ".LC (Saint Lucia) | Afilias Global Registry Services". afilias-grs.info. Archived from the original on 2016-04-15. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- <email@example.com>, Joe Huss. ".lc TLD Information". www.interserver.net. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- IANA .lc whois information
- .lc domain registration website
- Nic LC is currently the Trustee Authority and Registry of .lc