|Location||Onishicho Shinmachi, Imabari-shi, Ehime-ken 799-2203|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||156.4 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||1 side + 1 island platform|
|Tracks||2 + 1 passing loop|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Disabled access||No - platforms linked by footbridge|
|Opened||1 December 1924|
Ōnishi Station is served by the JR Shikoku Yosan Line and is located 156.4 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Only Yosan Line local trains stop at the station and they only serve the sector between Iyo-Saijō and Matsuyama. Connections with other local or limited express trains are needed to travel further east or west along the line.
The station, which is unstaffed, consists of a side platform and an island platform serving two tracks. A passing loop runs along the other side of the island platform. The station building is unstaffed and serves only as a waiting room. A footbridge on the outside of the station premises links to the island platform and to the street on the other side of the tracks, allowing passengers to access the station platforms from streets on either side of the tracks.
Japanese Government Railways (JGR) opened the station on 1 December 1924 under the name of Iyo-Ōi (伊予大井). At that time it served as the terminus of the then Sanyo Line which had been extended westwards from Imabari. Iyo-Ōi became a through-station on 21 June 1925 when the line was further extended to Kikuma. On 1 October 1959, the station, now being operated by JGR's successor, Japanese National Railways (JNR), was renamed Ōnishi Station. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "大西" [Ōnishi]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第2巻 四国西部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 2 Western Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 14, 67. ISBN 9784062951616.
- "Ōnishi Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "大西駅" [Ōnishi Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "大西" [Ōnishi]. sanyukai.sakura.ne.jp. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory – JNR/JR] (in Japanese). Vol. II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 637. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory – JNR/JR] (in Japanese). Vol. I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Imabari City Cultural Promotion Division - Ōnishi
Media related to Ōnishi Station at Wikimedia Commons