İvedik is a neighbourhood in the Yenimahalle district of Ankara Province, Turkey. İvedik Street is the main road in the neighbourhood. It is bordered by Yakacık, Yuva and Karşıyaka neighbourhoods within the same district. The district gardens were once famous for their watermelon production, though it is now an urban area.
The largest cemetery within the metropolitan city limits of Ankara, the Karşıyaka Cemetery is situated in İvedik. It stretches over an area of 2,890 decares (2.89 km2; 1.12 sq mi) and holds more than 260,000 graves, among them of many prominent people.
- "Karşıyaka mezarlığı'nın defin alanı 2890 dekara çıkarıldı" (in Turkish). Porttakal. 1999-01-03. Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Yeni mezarlık yeri arayışı". Çayyolu haber (in Turkish). 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- Governorship of Yenimahalle, Turkey. "Neighbourhoods in Yenimahalle, Ankara" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2007-10-18. Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- Map of İvedik neighbourhood
- District map of Yenimahalle, Ankara Archived 20 April 2008 at the Wayback Machine
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|