Östra Småland, also known as Östran, was a local newspaper based in Kalmar, Sweden. The paper was in circulation between 1928 and 2019.
|Owner(s)||Swedish Social Democratic Party|
|Publisher||Östra Småland AB|
|Political alignment||Social democracy|
History and profileEdit
Östra Småland was started in 1928. The paper was owned by the Swedish Social Democratic Party. It was published by Östra Småland AB, a subsidiary of Gota Media AB. The paper had a social democratic political stance. It was published in tabloid format.
- Jonas Ohlsson (2012). The Practice of Newspaper Ownership (PDF) (PhD thesis). University of Gothenburg.
- Karl Erik Gustafsson; Per Rydén (2010). A History of the Press in Sweden (PDF). Gothenburg: Nordicom. ISBN 978-91-86523-08-4.
- Patrick Jansson (September 2013). "Switching Costs in the Swedish Morning Newspaper Market". Lund University. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Mart Ots (2011). "Competition and collaboration between Swedish newspapers – an overview and case study of a restructuring market" (PDF). Jönköping University. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Company Overview of Östra Småland AB". Bloomberg. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Anna-Sara Lind; Mia Lövheim; Ulf Zackariasson (1 March 2016). Reconsidering Religion, Law, and Democracy: New challenges for Society and Research. Nordic Academic Press. p. 242. ISBN 978-91-88168-23-8.
- "Newspapers Next Generation" (PDF). Boström Design and Development. 2009. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- Lovisa Åkesson (25 November 2019). "Tidningarna Östra Småland och Nyheterna läggs". Kvallsposten (in Swedish). Retrieved 3 August 2021.