The "Mother Teresa" Decoration is an honorary decoration of the Republic of Albania given to Albanian and foreign citizens for outstanding acts of humanity towards the Albanian nation and the world. The decoration is given by the President of Albania. The proposer could be the President or institutions of authority (Prime Minister, Assembly, Ministries, independent bodies, etc.). The Mother Teresa award is considered the highest award in Albania.
|"Mother Teresa" Decoration |
|Awarded by the President of Albania|
|Type||Order of merit|
|Eligibility||Albanians, foreign nationals|
|Awarded for||Important contributions or specific heroic acts for the defense, strengthening and advancement of the Republic of Albania|
in March 2019, Albania President Ilir Meta presented the High Decoration “Mother Teresa” to Mary Jean Eisenhower of Abilene and the organization People to People International on Monday.
President Meta presented the decoration in gratitude for the precious and continuous contribution to the promotion and presentation of Albania in the United States and as a leader of People to People, the Albania Daily News reported.
- "Informacion për Dekorimet në Republikën e Shqipërisë" [Information on Decorations in the Republic of Albania]. The President of Albania (in Albanian). Archived from the original on 2016-08-07. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Ligji për Dekoratat, Titujt e Nderit dhe Medaljet" [Law on Decorations, Honorary Titles and Medals] (PDF) (in Albanian). Fletorja Zyrtare. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Rrumbullaku, Filip (2010). Dekorimet nga Princ Vidi deri sot (in Albanian). Tiranë: Shtëpia Botuese "Onufri". ISBN 978-99943-42-80-8.
- "Information about Medals". Presidenti i Republikës së Shqipërisë. Retrieved 2021-06-01.
- Reflelctor-Chronicle, Tim Horan. "Albania president gives 'Mother Teresa' decoration to Mary Jean Eisenhower". Abilene Reflector Chronicle. Retrieved 2021-06-01.