|Revised Romanization||Yeo Ui-son|
Yeo Ui-son was a Korean civil minister (munsin) and diplomat from the Hamyang Yeo clan during the early period of the Joseon Dynasty. Yeo served as the first governor (moksa) of the Jeju Island and a Jeonseo (minister). He also was sent to Japan as a diplomat representing Joseon.
On October 25, 1403, the fourth year of Taejong's reign, Yeo Ui-son was dispatched to Japan as a return courtesy to an earlier Japanese diplomatic mission to Korea sent from the Japanese shogun, Ashikaga Yoshimochi in the same year. He was a Joseonseo (典書), the predecessor of Panseo, or, minister of Yukjo, the Six Ministries.
On February 27, 1406, however, the king banished Yeo to Jindo island for his remissness in the discharge of his duty as a diplomat. When Yeo Ui-son arrived in Japan, a diplomat from Ming China also visited there. His interpreter, Hwang Gi (黃奇) was fluent in both Chinese and Japanese language, so the Ming diplomat took off Hwang to China. In addition, Yeo did not submit a report regarding the news to the king that Ming informed Japan of the intention to assault Joseon, but spread it in private. The Office of Inspector-General called Saheonbu  accused Yeo of the negligence of the mission.
- (in Korean) 조선왕조실록을 통해 본 제주목사, Jeju City, p.345
- Kim, Hyeon-jong (김현종) (2005-08-31) (in Korean) 제주시 ‘조선왕조실록을 통해 본 제주목사’ 발간 Jeju Ilbo; 책에는 조선 초기인 1393년 12월(태조 2년)~1395년 4월(태조 4년) 첫 제주목사를 지낸 여의손부터..
- (1404-10-28) (in Korean) 태종 8권, 4년(1404 갑신 / 명 영락(永樂) 2년) 10월 24일(임진) 2번째기사 전서(典書) 여의손(呂義孫)을 일본국(日本國)에 보내어, 국왕에게 보빙(報聘)하였다. Taejong Sillok, Annals of the Joseon Dynasty, vol. 8.
- Kang, Etsuko H. (1997). Diplomacy and Ideology in Japanese-Korean Relations: from the Fifteenth to the Eighteenth Century, p. 275.
- (1404-10-24) (in Korean) 태종 8권, 4년(1404 갑신 / 명 영락(永樂) 2년) 10월 24일(임진) 2번째기사 일본 국왕의 사신이 예궐하여 하직인사 하다 Taejong Sillok, Annals of the Joseon Dynasty, vol. 8.
- (in Korean) 전서3(典書) Nate Korean Dictionary
- 판서(判書), panseo Glossary of Korean studies, The Academy of Korean Studies
- 사헌부(司憲府), Saheonbu Glossary of Korean studies, The Academy of Korean Studies
- (1406-02-27) (in Korean) 태종 11권, 6년(1406 병술 / 명 영락(永樂) 4년) 2월 27일(무자) 1번째기사 일본에 가서 사신의 임무를 소홀히 한 여의손을 진도로 귀양보내다 Taejong Sillok, Annals of the Joseon Dynasty, vol. 11.
- Daehwan, Noh. "The Eclectic Development of Neo-Confucianism and Statecraft from the 18th to the 19th Century," Korea Journal (Winter 2003).
- Hall, John Whitney. (1997). The Cambridge History of Japan: Early Modern Japan. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 10-ISBN 0-521-22355-5; 13-ISBN 978-0-521-22355-3; OCLC 174552485
- Kang, Etsuko Hae-jin. (1997). Diplomacy and Ideology in Japanese-Korean Relations: from the Fifteenth to the Eighteenth Century. Basingstoke, Hampshire; Macmillan. 10-ISBN 0-312-17370-9; 13-ISBN 978-0-312-17370-8; OCLC 243874305