SnowCastle of Kemi
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2008)|
The area covered by the castle has varied from 13,000 to over 20,000 square metres. The highest towers have been over 20 metres high and longest walls over 1,000 metres long, and the castle has had up to three storeys. Despite its varying configurations, the snow castle has a few recurring elements: a chapel, a restaurant and a hotel.
- The ecumenical SnowChapel with 50–100 seats has seen numerous weddings of couples from as far away as Japan and Hong Kong.
- The SnowHotel offers a choice of double rooms and a honeymoon suite, all of which are decorated by local artists using local materials.
The SnowCastle of Kemi also hosts such things as an adventure land for children, a theatre and ice art exhibitions with lights and sound effects. Many opera singers and dancers have performed in the SnowCastle of Kemi.
- Kemi SnowCastle - The world's biggest snowcastle
- SnowCastle Image Gallery - Zipped photo collection
- Webcam pointed to the maingate of the SnowCastle
- photo company operating at kemi, photos of snowcastle