Animoca (Animoca Brands Corporation Ltd) is a publicly listed developer and publisher of games and other apps for smartphone and tablet devices. With its subsidiaries Zeroth.ai, Brinc AOA and Leade.rs it is also a VC/accelerator. It was founded in January 2014 by Yat Siu.
|Traded as||ASX: AB1|
|Industry||video game, Venture Capital|
|Robby Yung, Yat Siu|
- Beast Quest
- Crazy Defense Heroes
- Crazy Kings
- F1 Delta Time, a blockchain game on Ethereum
- Pretty Pet Salon
- RollerCoaster Tycoon
- Star Girl
- The Sandbox
- Licensed games/applications for: Atari, Mattel, He-Man, Garfield, Snoopy, Wonder Park, Addams Family, Doraemon, Thomas & Friends, Ever After High, Astro Boy, Ben 10, Chibi Maruko Chan, Norm of the North, Hot Wheels, Tiffany Alvord, Paris Hilton, Chocolate Rain, Masterchef, the MLB, the NBA and the Formula One.
Animoca owns 100% of the event organisation platform Leade.rs.
Animoca owns 85% of OliveX.ai, partner of lympo.com. OliveX leverages AI and gamification to improve users’ health and fitness.
Animoca owns 67% of Zeroth.ai. Zeroth is an early-stage startup incubator focusing on artificial intelligence and machine learning companies. So far more than 60 companies from 15 countries have been supported with sums ranging from $20,000 to $120,000. In return, Zeroth receives 6% of the shares in each company. Zeroth.ai has a partnership with the Incubator and VC DEEPCORE, a company of the SoftBank group.
- Fuel Powered
Animoca owns 60 % of the shares in Fuel Powered, a multiplayer and live event service provider for mobile games.
- iCandy Interactive
Animoca is owned by A$5 million in shares of the company iCandy Interactive Limited. This corresponds to (August 2018) 8.3 % of company shares.
- Date, LikeCoin, Musicoin, OST, Harmony, I-House and Lympo
Animoca holds stakes in the blockchain companies: Date, LikeCoin, Musicoin, OST, Harmony, I-House and Lympo.
- Mind Fund and Helix
Animoca has a partnership with venture capital firm Mind Fund and Accelerator Helix.
- Brinc AOA
Animoca is co-founder of the gaming and esports accelerator Brinc AOA.
- Dapper Labs
Animoca has a partnership with the blockchain company Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties.
- Pixowl, TicBits, TSB Gaming, Tribeflame, Stryking Entertainment, Lucid Sigh, Experimental Group and Skytree
Animoca owns the game developers Pixowl, TicBits, TSB Gaming, Tribeflame, Stryking Entertainment and is invested in Experimental Group and with $6M in Lucid Sigh. Animoca owns 75% of the game developer Skytree.
Animoca has a partnership with HTC. This includes product development and collaboration in the areas of games, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented reality and virtual reality.
- iClick Interactive Asia Limited
Animoca has a partnership with iClick Interactive Asia Limited. The deal is expected to generate $8 million in revenues for Animoca in 2019.
- Softbanks Deepcore
- "Animoca Brands has an early lead in blockchain gaming boom". February 21, 2019. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- "Mobile Games Publisher Animoca Raises Funding From Intel, IDG-Accel". Techcrunch. November 15, 2011.
- "Animoca Brands raises $2.5 million for The Sandbox blockchain gaming platform". VentureBeat. May 22, 2019. Retrieved October 6, 2019.