Yury Mukhin (activist)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Yury Mukhin (Russian: Юрий Игнатьевич Мухин, born March 22, 1949 Dnepropetrovsk, Ukrainian SSR) — Soviet engeneer, inventor and the top manager of the metallurgical industry; Russian public activist, researcher and writer. One of the most criminally prosecuted by the Russian authorities – since the beginning of the century he was the defendant in several dozens of lawsuits, accused and defendant in three criminal cases. In July 2015 Y.Mukhin and three other IGPR ZOV members were arrested and jailed in Moscow. In the resolution on initiation of criminal case of July 22, 2015 (on the basis of which Barabash, Mukhin, Parfenov and Sokolov were arrested) it was specified that case against organizers of IGPR ZOV is brought for "creation of initiative groups for carrying out a referendum; holding of the
referendum to update the Constitution of the Russian Federation with the articles on responsibility of the Supreme authorities to the people;
propaganda of the idea of adoption of the law which allows people of Russia to assess the activity of the President and members of the Federal Assembly. ("The repression of the initiators of the referendum in the Russian Federation» https://moscowgovernment.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/info-rmacionnyj/).
He graduated from Dnipropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute in 1973. In 1995–2009 Mukhin was editor in chief of the Russian newspaper Duel. Mukhin was the leader of the People's Will Army (Армия Воли Народа) - a private organization advocating for constitutional changes in the Constitution of the Russian federation and for the adoption of legislation establishing the direct responsibility of the President and of the Federal Assembly of Russia for their activities. Mukhin is the main proponent in Russia of the denial of the Soviet responsibility for the Katyn massacre. Mukhin is also a supporter of the "Putin must go" campaign and his website encourages other Russians to support the petition for Putin's, as well as current President Dmitry Medvedev's, resignation from power.
Muhkin claims that Nazism was also a response to Zionism, and that Zionists were responsible for the Holocaust:
Once again I would like to remind the readers that the founding fathers of Zionism were fanatics, i.e. people not thinking of the future of Jews, but Israelis. Those of the Jews, who did not agree with Zionist objectives, were seen as worse than non- Jews—they were nothing else than garbage and their lives were nothing in the eyes of the Zionists. I have no doubts whatsoever, that during the course of World War II, the Germans did not exterminate the Jews on their own initiative, but were instigated to do so by the Zionists.
In December 2008 the Zamoskvoretzky District Court of Moscow (Замоскворецкий районный суд Москвы) issued an order to shut down the newspaper and on June 18 Mukhin himself was sentenced to a suspended prison term of two years for public calls for extremist activity. This happened one year after a previous attempt to shut down the newspaper failed, following an appeal in the Greater Moscow District Court.
He also supports Moon landing conspiracy theories and KAL 007 shootdown conspiracy theories. He criticizes Marxism, Einstein's theory of relativity, genetics, advocates Stalinist era achievements of T. D. Lysenko.
- Нателья Горбаневская. О Катыни - двадцать пять лет назад и сегодня. Polit.ru, March 24, 2005
- Алексей Тимофеев. «Катынь»: игра на обострение? Archived March 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Rosbalt, September 18, 2007.
- ""Против упырей прошлого": /ДЕНЬ/". Day.kiev.ua. 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "ЧТО ВЫ ОБ ЭТОМ ДУМАЕТЕ? | Официальный сайт Мухина Ю.И". Ymuhin.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Rudling, Per Anders (2006). "Organized Anti-Semitism in Ukraine". Canadian Slavonic Papers. 48 (2): 103–4.
- "Агентство Еврейских Новостей Главные новости". Aen.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Июнь (2009-06-30). "Итоги месяца / Июнь / 2009 / Публикации / Расизм и ксенофобия / СОВА". Xeno.sova-center.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Газета "Дуэль" закрыта за пропаганду и призывы к экстремизму". newsru.com. 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "ИА Собкорru | Новости | Медведев создал комиссию по борьбе с искажением истории". Sobkorr.ru. 2009-05-19. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Сегодня Среда, 28.07.2010 18:07 (2007-03-26). "Полеты во сне и наяву — Мегаполис". Megapolis.kz. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- 05.10.2007. "Кто и за что убил Стэнли Кубрика? - 2 - Личность в культуре - Правда.Ру". Pravda.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Top Stories | Press - RT Top Stories". Russiatoday.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yury Muhin.|