World Music Festival
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: spelling, case, structure (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Udaipur World Music Festival is a cultural event held at Udaipur city in the state of Rajasthan. In this event, artists from around the globe joins to give a variety of performances. The World Music Festival is scheduled to be an annual event, conducted every year in February. The festival features live performances by international artists. Till date, two editions has been conceptualized, the first was held on 13–14 February 2016, the second edition was held from 10–12 February 2017.
|Native name||Udaipur World Music Festival|
|Date||February 13–14, 2016|
|Venue||Fateh Sagar, Railway Training Institute Ground|
|Organised by||SEHER, Hindustan Zinc, Wonder Cement, Rajasthan Tourism|
The first version of India's World Music Festival is conceptualized by Sanjeev Bhargava, produced by SEHER and presented by Hindustan Zinc in association with Wonder Cement and Rajasthan Tourism. The cultural organisation SEHER will be responsible for conceptualising and carrying out the event.
The first edition of India’s first World Music Festival was held on 13 February 2016. It included global artists and ensembles from more than 12 countries, including Spain, Ghana, Venezuela, Italy, France as well as India. Featured artists joining the event include French composer Mathias Duplessy, Rajasthani vocalist Mukhtiyar Ali, Grammy-award-winning singer Dobet Gnahoré, Sonam Kalra, the Sufi Gospel Project, the Raghu Dixit Project and many more.
Performers at the festival have included:
As per official information, schedule will be as follows:
13 February 2016Edit
Venue: Fateh Sagar Paal
Afternoon (2pm - 5pm) Instrumental Quint by
- Aleksandar Simić,
- Saskia Rao-de Haas,
- Shubhendra Rao,
- Sharat Chandra Srivastava,
- FAKHRODDIN GHAFFARI
Spanish Guitar by
Evening (6pm - 10pm) Venue: Railway Training Institute Ground
Flamenco Music & Dance by
- JUANMA ZURANO & TAMARA. PASO A DOS
African Beat Music by
Fusion Rock Band by
- THE RAGHU DIXIT PROJECT
14 February 2016Edit
Venue: Fateh Sagar Paal Afternoon (2pm - 5pm)
Fusion of Sufi & Gospel Music by
- SONAM KALRA & THE SUFI GOSPEL PROJECT
Moroccan Saharian Soul by
Fusion of Sufi & French Music by
- MATHIAS DUPLESSY & Mukhtiyar Ali
Evening (6pm - 10pm)
Venue:Railway Training Institute Ground
Jazz Fusion by
- ITALY MEETS INDIA
Afro Beat Venezuelan Cumbia by
- FAMILY ATLANTICA
Fusion Rock Band by
- PAPON AND THE EAST INDIA COMPANY
- "Udaipur World Music Festival". Tourism-of-india.com. Indian Holiday Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Udaipur to host World Music Festival". Business Standard. Business Standard Private Ltd. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "World Music Festival to be held in Udaipur in February". thehindu.com. The Hindu. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Should you care about a world music festival in Udaipur?". cntraveller.in. The Conde Nast Traveller. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Udaipur World Music Festival". udaipurworldmusicfestival. SEHER. Retrieved 22 January 2016.