William I, Count of Nevers
William I, Count of Nevers, was the son of Renauld I, Count of Nevers and Hedwig of France, Countess d'Auxerre. In 1040 he succeeded his father as Count of Nevers and d'Auxerre and in 1065 he was also the Count of Tonnerre. He married Ermengarde, daughter of Renauld, Count of Tonnerre about 1039. William died at Nevers 20 June 1100.
|Count of Nevers|
|Died||County of Nevers|
|Father||Renauld I, Count of Nevers|
|Mother||Hedwig of France, Countess of Nevers|
William I and Ermengarde had six children:
- Renauld II (d. 1089), Succeeded his father as Count of Nevers and Count of Auxerre.
- William II, succeeded his father as Count of Tonnerre
- Robert (d. 1095), later Bishop of Auxerre
- Sibille (1058–1078), married Hugh I, Duke of Burgundy
- Ermengarde (d. 1090–95), married Hubert de Beaumont-au-Maine, Viscount of Maine
- Helvise, married William, Count of Évreux
- Detlev Schwennicke, Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten, Neue Folge, Band III Teilband 4 (Marburg, Germany: J. A. Stargardt, 1989), Tafel 716
- Detlev Schwennicke, Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten, Neue Folge, Band II (Marburg, Germany: J. A. Stargardt, 1984), Tafel 20