William M. Greathouse
Greathouse served as a pastor in the Church of the Nazarene from 1938 until 1963 when he was elected president of Trevecca Nazarene College in Nashville, Tennessee; he served until 1968. At that time he was elected president of Nazarene Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. He served there until 1976, when he was elected General Superintendent of the Church of the Nazarene. He retired from this position in 1989.
He is the namesake of the William M. Greathouse Chair of Wesleyan-Holiness Theology at Nazarene Theological Seminary.
Partial list of books by William M. GreathouseEdit
- The Fullness of the Spirit, 1958, Nazarene Publishing House
- From the Apostles to Wesley: Christian Perfection in Historical Perspective 1979 by Beacon Hill Press, reprinted 2002 by Schmul Publishing. (ISBN 0-88019-442-1)
- Wholeness in Christ: Toward a Biblical Theology of Holiness, 1998 by Beacon Hill Press. (ISBN 0-8341-1702-9)
- An Introduction to Wesleyan Theology with H. Ray Dunning, 1982 by Beacon Hill Press. (ISBN 0-8341-0762-7)
- Exploring Christian Holiness volume 2 The Historical Development with Paul M. Bassett, 1985 by Beacon Hill Press (ISBN 0-8341-0926-3) for the book and (ISBN 0-8341-0842-9) for the set.
- Contributor to the Beacon Bible Commentary for the Bible books of Zechariah and Malachi (volume 5), 1966 and the book of Romans (volume 8), 1968, published by Beacon Hill Books.
- New Beacon Bible Commentary: Romans 1-8 with George Lyons, 2008 by Beacon Hill Press. (ISBN 0-8341-2362-2)
- New Beacon Bible Commentary: Romans 9-16 with George Lyons, 2008 by Beacon Hill Press. (ISBN 0-8341-2363-0)
- Greathouse, William Marvin. "The Fullness of the Spirit". A Paper presented at the 2007 Theology Conference at Northwest Nazarene University. 
Notes and referencesEdit
- ""The Fullness of the Spirit"" (PDF). Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved 2009-08-06.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Tribute was delivered at the annual meeting of the Wesleyan Theological Society by Rob L. Staples convened at Mt. Vernon Nazarene College, November 7-8, 1997.
- News Brief about the creation of the chair.
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the Church of the Nazarene is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|