Shearer West(Redirected from West, Shearer)
Shearer West is a British-American art-historian, academic and university administrator. She is currently the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham since October 2017 and formerly deputy vice-chancellor of the University of Sheffield.
Biography and careerEdit
She was previously head of the Humanities division at the University of Oxford, director of research at the Arts and Humanities Research Council, and head of the School of Historical Studies at the University of Birmingham.
- The Image of the Actor: Verbal and Visual Representation in the Age of Garrick and Kemble, Palgrave MacMillan, 1991. ISBN 0312057385
- Fin De Siecle: Art and society in an age of uncertainty, The Overlook Press, 1994.
- The visual arts in Germany 1897-1940: Utopia and Despair, Rutgers University Press, 2001. ISBN 0813529115
- Portraiture, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2004. (Oxford History of Art)
- Cass, Liz (2017). "New Vice-Chancellor for Nottingham" (Press release). University of Nottingham.
- "Shearer West named as next Nottingham v-c". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "University of Sheffield announces the appointment of new Deputy Vice-Chancellor - News releases - News - The University of Sheffield". University of Sheffield. 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Oxford Alumni / Professor Shearer West". University of Oxford. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Professor Shearer West". Leadership Foundation for Higher Education. Retrieved 2015-10-16.[dead link]
|Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nottingham
1 October 2017 — present
|This biographical article about a British art historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|