Walta Media and Communication Corporate S.C. or Walta, previously called Walta Information and Public Relations Center S.C., or Walta Information Center is an Ethiopian privately owned media conglomerate owned and operated by the Ethiopian government. Walta, located in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, was founded in 1994 and supplies the Ethiopian News Agency and other media with local and national news.
As part of the media conglomerate, there is an online medium in English, Amharic and Arabic with local, national and international news and a TV station, Walta TV, broadcasting mainly social and political news in Amharic over satellite.
According to Walta, it gathers, organizes, analyzes and disseminates news and provides image building and public relation support activities.
- "African Media Development Initiative – Ethiopia Newspapers" (PDF). 2006. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- Reta, Meseret (1992). One Hundred Years of History of the Media in Ethiopia. University Press of America. ISBN 978-0-7618-6001-3.
- Skjerdal, Terje; Moges, Mulatu Alemayehu (2020-11-26). "The ethnification of the Ethiopian media" (PDF). Fojo Media Institute, International Media Support. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2020-12-24. Retrieved 2020-12-24.
- "Walta Information Center Officially Launched Walta Television". 2017-04-08. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Walta Media and Communication Corporate S.C." Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- Walta website (English and Amharic)