Vilaverdense F.C.

  (Redirected from Vilaverdense FC)

Länk FC Vilaverdense (formerly known as Vilaverdense F.C.) is a Portuguese football club based in Vila Verde in the district of Braga.[1]

Länk FC Vilaverdense
LankFCVilaverdense-Vertical-Black-Stroke FC-Vertical-Black 02 FC-Vertical-Black copy 2.jpg
Full nameLank FC Vilaverdense
Founded1953; 69 years ago (1953)
GroundCampo Cruz do Reguengo
Vila Verde, Portugal
Capacity5,000
ChairmanIsidro Fernandes
ManagerHugo Santos
LeagueCampeonato de Portugal
2020–21Campeonato de Portugal
Serie A, 7th of 12
WebsiteClub website

BackgroundEdit

Länk FC Vilaverdense FC currently plays in the Terceira Divisão Série A which is the fourth tier of Portuguese football. The club was founded in 1953 and they play their home matches at the Campo Cruz do Reguengo in Vila Verde. The stadium has a capacity to accommodate 5,000 spectators.[1]

The club is affiliated to Associação de Futebol de Braga and has competed in the AF Braga Taça. The club has also entered the national cup competition known as Taça de Portugal on occasions.[1][2]

It also competes in women's football, with a team playing in the first tier, Campeonato Nacional de Futebol Feminino.[3]

In 2020, Länk Football Group acquired 90% of the SAD of Vilaverdense F.C., with the remaining 10% staying with the Club of Vilaverdense. The acquisition is part of this integration project, promotion, and consequent national exposure of athletes. The Länk FC SAD intends to transform and provide Länk FC Vilaverdense with state-of-the-art infrastructure and premium facilities, in a sustainable way in order to provide for the young athletes who are already part of the club, and for all future athletes. It is incredibly rewarding and exciting to at the genesis of this great challenge, that which we take on with pride, sincerity, and with great enthusiasm!


Season to seasonEdit

Season Level Division Section Place Movements
1990–91 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – 1ª divisão B
1991–92 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – 1ª divisão A
1992–93 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – 1ª divisão B
1993–94 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – 1ª divisão B
1994–95 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra
1995–96 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra
1996–97 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra
1997–98 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra Promoted
1998–99 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 13th
1999–2000 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 8th
2000–01 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 5th
2001–02 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 6th
2002–03 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 5th
2003–04 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 2nd Promoted
2004–05 Tier 3 Segunda Divisão Série Norte 6th
2005–06 Tier 3 Segunda Divisão Série Norte 13th Relegated
2006–07 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A 14th Relegated
2007–08 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra 1st Promoted
2008–09 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A – 1ª Fase 12th Relegation Group
Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A – Sub-Série A2 3rd Relegated
2009–10 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra 9th
2010–11 Tier 5 Distritais AF Braga – Honra 1st Promoted
2011–12 Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A – 1ª Fase 5th Promotion Group
Tier 4 Terceira Divisão Série A Fase Final 2nd Promoted
2012–13 Tier 3 Segunda Divisão Série Norte 13th
2013–14 Tier 3 Campeonato Nacional Série A 3rd

[4][5][6][7]

Current squadEdit

As of 5 February 2020

Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.

No. Pos. Nation Player
1 GK   POR Marcos Ferreira
3 DF   POR Diogo Novo
5 DF   POR Pedro Araújo
6 MF   POR João Maia
7 FW   POR Pedro Pereira
8 MF   BRA Romário
9 FW   POR Rui Gomes
10 FW   POR Tiago Vilela
11 FW   BRA Pepe
12 DF   POR João Lamela
15 MF   POR Tomás Gama
16 MF   POR Jonas Araújo
No. Pos. Nation Player}
18 FW   POR Eduardo Barros
21 DF   POR Miguel Dias
22 DF   POR Nuno Ramos
27 MF   POR Ricardo Silva
28 DF   POR Duarte Silva
30 MF   POR André Araújo
57 GK   POR Paulo Costa
GK   POR João Brandão
MF   POR Gonçalo Pereira
MF   TRI André Raymond
MF   BRA Paulinho
FW   POR Kiko Silva

HonoursEdit

  • AF Braga Divisão de Honra: 2010–11
  • AF Braga Taça: 1988/89, 1990/91, 1992/93, 1997/98, 2009/10

FootnotesEdit

  1. ^ a b c "Vilaverdense Futebol Clube - ForaDeJogo - foradejogo.net". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
  2. ^ "Vilaverdense Futebol Clube – Portugal – footballzz.co.uk". ZeroZero. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
  3. ^ "Vilaverdense Futebol Clube". Zerozero.
  4. ^ "Portugal – Table of Honor – soccerlibrary.free.fr" (PDF). Soccer Library. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
  5. ^ "Competitions – Portugal – footballzz.co.uk". ZeroZero. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
  6. ^ "Competitions - ForaDeJogo - foradejogo.net". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 2012-05-31.
  7. ^ "AF Braga – Futebol Total". Futebol Total. Retrieved 2012-05-31.